1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam - Quick Response Needed please...

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by doodah, 1 Jun 2006.

1. doodah

Capodecina

Steam is starting to annoy me - i paid money for a game that refuses to work when im offline. Want to play a LAN game (but cant have inet and LAN working at same time), i have updated CS:S to 100% but it wont load. Also when there is no connection when steam starts - it wont load in offline mode, i thought yuou only needed steam to activate account :mad:

2. Azagoth

PermaBanned

Same problem here, I can't play HL2 if I'm off-line. I need to connect to the interweb for Steam to fire up before I can play.

3. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

I believe you need to run the game at least once before you can use offline mode???

4. Azagoth

PermaBanned

Not here! I've been running the game since the day of release and still can't get it to work off-line!

5. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

6. bledd

Don

why can't you have LAN and internet at the same time?

7. CSGAS

Hitman

Why does my head bleed when I hit it against the wall? :(

8. DaveyD

Man of Honour

What is it you're doing and what is it Steam is telling you?

9. doodah

Capodecina

not enough cables, and remember once trying my router at same time i was on uni network and the net wouldnt work.

Basically, if i log on with no net - steam wont load - could not connect to steam network. Also to get into CS:S i have to be connected to net/uni network - open CS:S and then take out RJ45 out of socket and plug into router. Its just annoying i have to be connected to the net as its quite common for me to run out of my 500Mb daily limit and therefore have to unplugg my LAN cable.

10. DaveyD

Man of Honour

So there's no "Use Offline Mode" when the Steam popup comes up when it can not find your internet?

When you next disconnect from the internet, have a go at blocking Steam totally through your firewall. That may caox it into getting offline mode working.