1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam reinstalling game I already have

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by 12kasperg, 8 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. 12kasperg

Associate

I recently got Rainbow Six: Siege and today I found out that I have to install the game as it seems that I don't have it installed. After looking through a couple folders I located it and it seems to be in the steamapps/common folder and all of it is there. I'm very confused to why steam wants be to essentially reinstall the game even though it's there. I've looked online and haven't found a solution after many attempts. Could anyone please help me?

2. GBRusty

Wise Guy

Could be that steam has forgotten the library if you have it installed on different drives. Sometimes my SSD hasn't been detected and I have ti reboot the PC for it to show up, and then sometimes it means Steam loses it.
    Basically head to the options screen in steam and check the list of libraries you might have (or not)

3. maffa1982

Associate

i got this aswell, i thinks got something to do with the fall creators update for windows 10. its screwed with alot of things