Steam sale

Soldato
Why is Ark listed on the daily deals? I'm pretty sure it was always 17% off and it lists that the sale lasts until the 22nd instead of having a 48 hour countdown :confused:.

At first I thought it was just the usual Steam being slow for the first 10 minutes or whatever but it's been 25 minutes and it's still it's normal price.

Edit: Google's cache 30 minutes before the sale shows the price the same as now, so not sure how it can be a daily deal for today.

Soldato
Why is Ark listed on the daily deals? I'm pretty sure it was always 17% off and it lists that the sale lasts until the 22nd instead of having a 48 hour countdown :confused:.

At first I thought it was just the usual Steam being slow for the first 10 minutes or whatever but it's been 25 minutes and it's still it's normal price.

This has been a common theme in this sale. CS:GO was put as a daily deal at -50%. It had always been this price.

I know for ARK, the Devs said they would not reduce the price of the game, so that those who purchased before wouldn't feel bad. So Steam WHY is it on the daily deal?:rolleyes:

Associate
Yeah, few days ago.

Well
latest
!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Soldato
Really REALLY want the Mass effect trilogy under £10, don't think it's ever going to happen. They're £3.99 on Origin, but I want the DLC etc.

Soldato
This has been a common theme in this sale. CS:GO was put as a daily deal at -50%. It had always been this price.

I know for ARK, the Devs said they would not reduce the price of the game, so that those who purchased before wouldn't feel bad. So Steam WHY is it on the daily deal?:rolleyes:

CSGO wasn't always 50% off, it was £12 from march (a weekend deal by the looks of it) until the sale started. Then before that it was full price since the winter sale.

https://steamdb.info/app/730/

Edit: Wait, I see what you mean I think, missed that they put it as a daily deal when that was it's normal sale price :p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got through nearly five days of the sale having only spent around £15 or £16. Which makes it the best sale so far for me!

Hoping they continue putting discounts on nothing I want or will be impulsively tempted by except for ultra-cheap indie gems until the end! :)

Suspended
Loved Vegas 2 back in the day, didn't like the bugs mind you, that poxy looping gun sound!

Co-op terrorist hunt was where it was at :) I am looking forward to Siege as well, didn't get in on the Alpha but signed up to the Beta.

Soldato
So ARK Devs have been getting a lot of stick for this Daily Deal slot and after a around 27 pages, they have revealed the way the deals work:

Originally posted by Drake:
Valve told us we were going to be on the Daily Deal program. I wanted to do more than 17% discount as indeed it is a Daily Deal. We were strongly strongly told not to given the game's only 2 weeks old. So we went we accepted to go at 17%. We probably therefore should refused to be a Daily Deal in that case, but we didn't. That is the entire story behind it. I do apologize for accepting to be in the Daily Deal program in that case, and I really hope everyone enjoys the game regardless.

All the best,
Drake

Back
Top Bottom