1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Sale?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by DampDog, 1 Apr 2020.

1. DampDog

Wise Guy

In the midst of all the heartache and turmoil caused by the current Covid-19 pandemic. I would have thought Steam might have gone the extra mile and launched a sale to try and lift peoples spirits a bit. What with great swathes of the population being stuck indoors.

2. SS-89

Sgarrista

They may yet do one but ultimately it's up to the publishers to agree to it. Being a business and with large numbers of people being stuck indoors and more likely to buy games unlike in the summer there is probably less incentive to do so. I know I've bought a few games I probably wouldn't have bothered buying if I was not at home.

3. Gray2233

Mobster

There will probably be one soon for Easter anyway.

4. Tombstone

Capodecina

Must admit I thought Steam might take advantage of people being at home and do a Lockdown Sale or something

5. ic1male

Caporegime

Looking at last year's there is a Japan themed Golden Week sale at the end of April and a Spring Cleaning event at the end of May. There isn't usually anything for Easter.

https://steamdb.info/sales/history/

6. DampDog

Wise Guy

Same here. Not a huge gamer anyway, but starting to go a little stir-crazy. Think I'll reinstall NMS.

7. Smokey26

Wise Guy

Would be nice, ive got a few more games i want, though ive bought Doom Eternal and Halo Master Chief Collection in a week, and got 3dmark for 3quid.

8. Thesman106

Gangster

It would be great if they did. But again it is up to the publishers decision