*** Steam Weekend: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising £5.49! ***

Soldato
I was so excited about this game before it came out but it seemed a bit crap in all the videos I watched, thought it might be worth a punt for £5 but by the looks of this thread I was right not to get it originally. Shame really I loved the original.

Soldato
I bought this on xbox and haven't even played past the first level. It was that boring...

I really like realistic games aswell..

Soldato
dont trust pczone reviews - they are always early to review because they have to give good reviews in exchange

thats why pc gamer reviews are always late :)

my copy of is up for trade for a four finger kitkat if anyone wants it

Associate
When I saw this on steam for £5 I thought yes what a deal been wanting this game for ages now I have a PC to run it at max.
But then I came here & you have put me off :(
It's a shame that they always also seem so buggy

Associate
:eek: Don't do it!!

I've played it a little, and I'd say it's worth the £5

I'm pretty sure I fit nicely into the area it does cater for. It's not an arcade-style leg-it-and-run FPS, nor is it the hardcore realism.

If I'd paid £30 for it I'd probably be a little dissapointed, but for a fiver? I've wasted more on less :)

If I get 10 hours of gameplay out of the missions, I'll call it a bargain. Runs nicely on my 8800GT, too.

I'll avoid the multiplayer by the sounds of things though.

Associate
I think a lot are missing the good points of this game. Plays pretty well , a mix of COD4 and tactical shooters. A kind of arcadey ARMA if you like.

Its particularly fun @ the co-op, especially some the mods, Island War, White Fang etc. Definately not without problems , i.e. lots of connection issues, cant rejoin a game etc, but the co-op can work very well and very challenging.

The White Fang mod is very hard, no two games are the same and very entertaining via co-op over voice comms.

Shame they ****** off dedi's, theres pretty much no community as a result.

Back
Top Bottom