Steelcase Leap V1

Soldato
I've ordered a second hand v1 for £175, that includes getting it recovered (Flores Green :) ) only thing is delivery is not included in that and costs £45, 2nd hand had no stock.

I've went through quite a lot of chairs over the last while, i HOPE this is the one for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am currently looking for a Leap. How much higher is the high back version vs the medium back version? I am 5 foot 4 tall, so not sure if the high back would be too high to then find a headrest for.

Soldato
2vbliu1.jpg

Looks like this little bit is broken off so the right side can't stay up and left side wont move, chair is being replaced.

Shame as it was in really nice condition.

Associate
Basically Leap & Please are the top end followed by Gesture & Think which are more aligned with the Vertigear Triigger series

I was under the impression that the Gesture would be above the Leap v2 in the range.
I should probably just pick up a Leap, but the longer back, deeper padding and those fully moveable arms make the gesture very tempting.

I use a Herman Miller Aeron at work, which I find is a very very good chair, but I wouldn't call it overly comfortable/relaxing. Other than the front edge which can dig in a bit depending on how you're sitting, it just feels supportive and not something you can relax in and get some work done. (if that makes sense to anyone)

So, I'm looking towards Steelcase's offerings which tend to be highly recommended and people say are more comfortable than the HM Aeron (providing you adjust the chair to fit you).

Associate
They are all good chairs, Gesture seems to have a more advanced arm system and the headrest looks more adjustable at the end of the day its personal preference I don't sell chairs for a living Steelcase just happen to make good chairs.

The three reasons I went for the Please v2 (which might give you food for thought) was I prefer the look, the back system is its strongest point and the arm rests are supported by a robust tubular design. You might think why is that important? Well if you are a HOTAS user and want to attached the peripherals to the chair you don't want some odd shape to attach to and you really don't want something that will wobble it must be sturdy. All of those Steelcase chair have a forward/back adjustment on the seat cushion which again is very useful when you have pedals and a pedestal joystick.

Soldato
Just had my second leap delivered and it's missing the seat depth lever, not happy in the slightest.

Unless it's a part that can be sent and i can fit it then i think i will get my money back, can't be bothered.

Caporegime
it may not have came with the chair when they bought it.

the risk you take buying second hand goods especially from a middle man who doesn't advertise specific products but a range that you choose from.

they could take pictures and say what you see is what you get but i imagine that would be a lot of admin work for them that they don't need.

you could try buying off ebay/gumtree that way you see what your actually buying.

Soldato
I bought a Leap v1 from them a couple weeks ago. It arrived fairly quickly and was in excellent condition, no marks or anything.. I was really impressed! Guess it's luck of the draw though really.

Back
Top Bottom