Steelcase Leap V1

Associate
Has anyone noticed that Steelcase Leap chairs are now approaching £300, used/refurbished?! I have been keeping an eye on them for a year or two and the price is going up massively while the stock levels seem at an all time low. What's the main competitor? Anyone got a Steelcase "Please" chair? Any good?

Soldato
I love my Steel case Please V2. I bought one in 2016 after realising I never had aches from sitting in one all day at work and gave up my IKEA Markus for it. I think I paid £180 for it and it turned up in decent condition. Never had an issue with it and have used it everyday since.

Associate
Just won a Leap V2 on the fleabay for £150, 30 mins drive from me too.
Was getting lower back pain from the current chair I have which is a cheapo "executive office chair" from Amazon, have had for about a year. Have to use a lumbar cushion and upper back pillow otherwise its curved inwards like a banana and makes me slouch/hunch over bad.
Hope its as good as everyone says! I have scoliosis which I had surgery on a couple years ago so really needed a decent chair.

Soldato
That's a lot for a collection jobbie! Usually collection sales are much lower due to the hassle of collecting. I managed to bag mine with delivery included a while back.

I suppose if you really need it it'll pay for itself :)

Associate
Hi,

Is a steelcase please v2 likely to be good for a 100kg 6'4" fellow with lower back pain (looking at one without a head rest).

Thanks

Associate
I'm dead on the same height and weight, and have been using a Leap V2 for about two years now. I've found comfort wise it's miles better than the IKEA office chair I used previously, I can actually spend hours at my desk without back pain. Not used a Please V2 though, but hopefully the above helps a little.

Associate
I'm dead on the same height and weight, and have been using a Leap V2 for about two years now. I've found comfort wise it's miles better than the IKEA office chair I used previously, I can actually spend hours at my desk without back pain. Not used a Please V2 though, but hopefully the above helps a little.

Thanks. It does give me some confidence to part with £200 for a refurb please v2. I think i will pull the trigger! Thanks.

Associate
Ordered from them too, based on reviews on this forum!

Well a month since ordering I am still waiting for delivery. They are bemoaning delays due to parts Nd staff from their warehouse having to self isolate. I totally appreciate that the issues may be real, but the delays are really hacking me off.

Semi tempted to cancel my order and buy a Noble Hero chair instead.. but in too minds if I would regret that decision in the long run..

Associate
Well a month since ordering I am still waiting for delivery. They are bemoaning delays due to parts Nd staff from their warehouse having to self isolate. I totally appreciate that the issues may be real, but the delays are really hacking me off.

Semi tempted to cancel my order and buy a Noble Hero chair instead.. but in too minds if I would regret that decision in the long run..

there are a few new steelcase gesture chairs on the bay atm at reasonable compared to new shop prices.
I've had a leap v2 and now use a gesture, both good chairs that will last.

Associate
The supply issues are interesting, as I would have thought they were would be enough due to offices shutting down and chairs being sold on.
Seems neither 2ndhnd or corporatespec have any Leap V2 stock, and ebay has none either.

Back
Top Bottom