Steelcase Please V2

Era

Era

Associate
I have been using one for 10 mths or more through lockdown for full working day 5 days a week and often hours of gaming in the evenings. Broadly I like it a lot, has lots of adjustability and I find it very comfortable for my back especially.

My main issue is that it has IMO too little seat padding and after 8-10 hours it isn’t as comfortable as I wanted. I have just taken it to a local furniture upholsterer and got him to redo the seat and add more foam padding. It has significantly improved the comfort but the guy did a pretty crap job as he doesn’t typically do office chairs and broke several plastic tabs on the seat itself.

I bought mine second hand refurbed from an office company which may have an impact on my experience but I think its been very good considering £125 price.

hope this helps...

Soldato
I have been using one for 10 mths or more through lockdown for full working day 5 days a week and often hours of gaming in the evenings. Broadly I like it a lot, has lots of adjustability and I find it very comfortable for my back especially.

My main issue is that it has IMO too little seat padding and after 8-10 hours it isn’t as comfortable as I wanted. I have just taken it to a local furniture upholsterer and got him to redo the seat and add more foam padding. It has significantly improved the comfort but the guy did a pretty crap job as he doesn’t typically do office chairs and broke several plastic tabs on the seat itself.

I bought mine second hand refurbed from an office company which may have an impact on my experience but I think its been very good considering £125 price.

hope this helps...

That was the main gripe I had read about it to be honest and what has made me decide to purchase the Haworth Zody instead. That and the availability of spare parts seems better.
I managed to knock them down in price and get warranty with it for £175 delivered so I'm happy with that.

Associate
its an issue to be aware of with all 2nd hand furniture, if say the chair 10yrs old or more then the foam seat cushion is compacted and ready to be renewed just factor it in with the price.

In another 10yrs you can do it again while others are being junked :)

Associate
its an issue to be aware of with all 2nd hand furniture, if say the chair 10yrs old or more then the foam seat cushion is compacted and ready to be renewed just factor it in with the price.

In another 10yrs you can do it again while others are being junked :)

I have the same chair and the same issue. Did you find out how to take the seat off to replace the foam or was this all done by the company?

no idea where to start I’m looking for a company to do it.

Soldato
Those of you with the Steelcase Please V2, How are you getting on with it? I'm currently juggling between the Please V2 or the Haworth Zody.

Had mine since the beginning of lockdown. Best chair I've ever used, and I've been through a variety of Herman Millers etc.

It's the only chair I've come across that's comfortable and supportive whether you're sitting bolt upright or reclining. Equally good when coding sat bolt upright or putting feet up on the desk during calls :)

Associate
Yeah good shout, thanks. Any ideas on how it comes off? I’ve tried searching for the answer and contacting steelcase but can only find info on the Leap V2

gets you started

then you remove the 4 screws

Then you can prize the plastic base cover away from the seat base with a flat head screw driver

and finally what you should see is the fabric cushion seat stapled to the seat base along with a draw string to keep the edges tucked in. Remove the staples and loosen the string to release the fabric and expose the foam

Its not that hard is you take your time

Last edited:
Soldato
Thread resurrection...

Has anyone managed to source a replacement plastic back for a Please V2? The two plastic "joints" which flex and connect the two parts of the seat back on my chair have snapped. It looks like it could be easy to change but finding even mention of a spare is hard work at the moment.

Soldato
Thread resurrection...

Has anyone managed to source a replacement plastic back for a Please V2? The two plastic "joints" which flex and connect the two parts of the seat back on my chair have snapped. It looks like it could be easy to change but finding even mention of a spare is hard work at the moment.
Thread resurrection #2!

Did you manage to find a replacement back? One of the plastic joints on mine has just snapped and I love this chair.

Soldato
I noticed the name pop up as I was walking through the office I notice all the desks and chairs have Steelcase on, must be a very reputable brand!
The Steelcase Please V2 is the best task chair around. If my second hand ever dies I'll probably spring for a shiny new one.

Soldato
The Steelcase Please V2 is the best task chair around. If my second hand ever dies I'll probably spring for a shiny new one.
I'll bear that in mind for my future chair if I ever manage to move house!, I've got a Nitro Concepts S300 in purple and whilst it looks nice it doesn't feel very comfortable certainly for long periods of time.

Soldato
I originally e-mailed [email protected].

I remember changing taking me a bit of time (minutes) to figure out - I think I undid too many bolts. The top half of the padded seat back just pulls upwards to remove, I remember that much!
Emailed them this morning and they've got back to me pretty quickly but fobbed me off as I didn't purchase the chair from them. I'll keep looking but although there's quite a lot of people had this problem with the snapped joints you just can't get the part. I've had it over 3 years and cost me £150 so might be time to cash in and get something else.

Soldato
Emailed them this morning and they've got back to me pretty quickly but fobbed me off as I didn't purchase the chair from them. I'll keep looking but although there's quite a lot of people had this problem with the snapped joints you just can't get the part. I've had it over 3 years and cost me £150 so might be time to cash in and get something else.

I didn't get my Please from them either. Let me try to find the name / email of the person who did my order, perhaps going direct to them would help?

Soldato
I emailed my nearest Steelcase supplier in Gloucester and they asked for a couple of photos of the damage and then passed it on to Steelcase. A couple of emails later and they said they would send the replacement part out to me free of charge.

Today an engineer from Insightful Environments in London turned up with the back piece and fitted it for me, top service from Steelcase. Got my chair back and feels good again, they have also changed the joints so they don't look/feel as flimsy as they were before.

Back
Top Bottom