Stereo Setup, Bi-Wire?

Associate
Hello,

I have been running a Onkyo A-5VL with a set of KEF IQ30 speakers for the past few months.

Up till now i have been running them with a single cable to each speaker but i am now thinking about bi-wiring them.

What would i gain from doing this? is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks
Carl

Man of Honour
It depends what sort of sound you are looking for.

If you're all about brightness and crispness in a sort of razzle dazzle way then you'll probably find that bi-wiring suits your taste. On the other hand, if you're looking for expression, depth and a sense that the musicians are really giving it their best then either better single speaker wire or a better interconnect is going to be more up your street.

IMO bi-wiring is mostly an excuse to sell more cable, and it messes up the timing enough that people can hear the difference. It's mistaken as extra detail.

Soldato
I think if your amp supports bi wiring, then go for it. I used to hear the highs better on my old Cambridge Audio A500 amp and it definately passed the frequencies better, as it's designed to do, when bi wired correctly to my Eltax Symphony 7s.

Soldato
I think if your amp supports bi wiring, then go for it. I used to hear the highs better on my old Cambridge Audio A500 amp and it definately passed the frequencies better, as it's designed to do, when bi wired correctly to my Eltax Symphony 7s.

If you 'think' you experienced a better sound when b-wiring your speakers, you should have had thicker cable to begin with.

Soldato
Hello,

I have been running a Onkyo A-5VL with a set of KEF IQ30 speakers for the past few months.

Up till now i have been running them with a single cable to each speaker but i am now thinking about bi-wiring them.

What would i gain from doing this? is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks
Carl

Only when you try for yourself will you have the correct answer to your question. Any decent dealer should be able to loan you something to try. Why not give it a go and let us know what YOU think!

Man of Honour
:( bi-wiring does nothing unless your cables are really really poor :( infact unless you get the cables exactly right you actually decrease soundquality bi-wiring tho probably not noticeably unless the length and quality of the cables is massively different.

Back
Top Bottom