Sticky problem

Soldato
I recently added an Antec Khuler 620 to my Gigabtyte 980ti using a Kraken G10. The install was fine but I cannot for the life of me get the RAM sinks to stick. I tried with the 12 pack from OcUK but about half of them dropped off over the next hour or so. I tried Akasa thermal adhesive tape, and even some thicker Arctic Thermal pads.

Everything stick fine to the metal sinks, but nothing wants to bond to the gpu ram. I cleaned them thoroughly, first time with Akasa TIM cleaner, and latterly with Isopropanol but nothing seems to work.

In the old days I'd just break out the Arctic Alumina adhesive and they'd be there for life, but they have discontinued the range and I can't find a substitute anywhere. This shouldn't be this hard - any ideas?

Associate
I had this very issue. In the end I either used UHU very very thinly applied or Sellotape double tape (which worked surprisingly well).

Soldato
OP
I've all but given up on tape - luckily I've managed to track down some paste - the european stuff is now prohibitively expensive, so it's auction site for me - not brilliant thermal properties (around 1w/mk) but I recon that's better than the performance they were getting on the floor of my case :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom