Stop my email signature sending images as attachments...?

Associate
Hey,

I use an email signature both in Windows Mail and Microsoft Outlook. It contains mainly contact info, but also a few small images (Social media icons and company logo). The only way I could figure to set this up correctly was to create it in Word, and then copy the signature into the sig setup box in each email client.

For 50% of people I email, there is no issue. However for the other half, although the signature shows up fine when they view the email, as soon as they reply or forward the message on, it always sends all images within the signature as individual attachments to the email.

This makes the email look very messy, confusing and unprofessional.

Is there a way around this? I.E hosting the sig online so that there is just some code pointing to the images rather than sending them every time. Any advice or guidance on how to do this would be much appreciated!

Soldato
You need to do this as HTML and host the images somewhere, ideally trusted using SSL that you think recipients wouldn't block (imgur is probably ok). The only downside to this is, that like imgur, hundreds, if not thousands of similar image hosting companies have come and gone over the last 20 years.

Also, some recipients may block HTML sigs, but at least it looks cleaner than a load of attachments. Cleaner because they get nothing at all :D

Back
Top Bottom