Stop the less than subtle competitor hinting.

Man of Honour
JUMPURS said:
To Be honest though mate, i think 99% of the people who mention it, especially in the console gaming section, genuinly dont know that i sells pc bits/is classed as a competitor.

If that's the case they'd mention it flat out, they wouldn't hint at it ;)

You wont be me for my opinions. Well in my opinion you are a *** **** *** *** **** *** :p j/k mate ;)

Hhhmmmppphh, where's my ban hammer? :p

Soldato
i only mentioned the large high street competitors in this thread to clear up which i could mention, so i wont get in trouble outside this thread, i wasnt pointing to a link, i was simply asking about a store we all know exists

Man of Honour
da_mic_1530 said:
i only mentioned the large high street competitors in this thread to clear up which i could mention, so i wont get in trouble outside this thread, i wasnt pointing to a link, i was simply asking about a store we all know exists
I know, which I why I didn't do anything about it :)

Soldato
Surely just by saying 'the store that cannot be named' everyone will know what place you are talking about? Because if it was almost anywhere else (relating to games anyway) they would be able to mention it. So just by mentioning that they can't mention it is a hint in itself.

As said before people who don't know that particular site is banned, might not have a clue it's not allowed as it's not obvious it breaks the no competitor rule. But as Davey says then they would have no reason to hint so they can just be politely and privately informed it's against the rules, so that's not much of an issue.

Associate
I completley understand the rules and i dont post any competitors to links i can also make a decision if a shop is allowed to be posted or not.

I do think the dons have gone a little to far when talking about competitors.

People are not saying dont buy from here as you get it cheaper at such and such a place.

I go into a hardware shop ask for a certain item they say sorry we are out of stock on that item, try next door they might have it. It dosent stop me shoping at that shop the chances are i will still go to that store.

I dont see anything wrong about that, When i walk into a cloths store there aint a sign saying talk about any other cloths stores and youll be banned from this shop.

Man of Honour
Freedom said:
I completley understand the rules and i dont post any competitors to links i can also make a decision if a shop is allowed to be posted or not.

I do think the dons have gone a little to far when talking about competitors.

People are not saying dont buy from here as you get it cheaper at such and such a place.

I go into a hardware shop ask for a certain item they say sorry we are out of stock on that item, try next door they might have it. It dosent stop me shoping at that shop the chances are i will still go to that store.

I dont see anything wrong about that, When i walk into a cloths store there aint a sign saying talk about any other cloths stores and youll be banned from this shop.
You're missing the point. Spie pays for these forums out of his own pocket. Why should he pay so that people can advertise competitors here?

Associate
I get your point, but if i go into a shop and ask for somehting they say sorry were out of stock, i say sadly i really needed it today, they go im sure you can get it in one of their competitors.

To me its a mark of a good company them advertising somebody else to keep there customer happy, it will make the custer come back.

But i know Spie owns OcUK and thats the way he wants to run it and i respect that, i just dont fully agree with it.

Soldato
I think a total ban would be easier. You can (usually) email a person's email address mentioned in the trust account if you REALLY want to know what shop the person got x, y and z from.

Back
Top Bottom