Storage Options , please advice.

Associate
Hi All,

I am trying to consolidate my network storage and reduce my energy consumption at the same time.

I have a 5 year old Hp proliant microserver Server with 10TB of storage but with a ****** processor so useless for transcoding only use the storage option. I have a software drivepool option so all the drives are presented to Plex, Serviio etc as one single unit.

Due to the inefficiency of the Hp proliant microserver, I recently got a Hp prodesk core i5 cheaply which I run alongside the micor server to handle so more processor tasking tasks, downloads, etc. I have plex and Serviio running on it and the storage from the Micro server mapped to it.

I have a lof of 4K home movies from holidays etc, so network streaming of media is very important to me and backup.

I have a network of 4k TVs Media streamers, etcs that will be accessing the storage, Plus my Home PC which I use for Media editing etc.

To reduce have the Hp prodesk and Microserver on all the time, is there a single solution approach that will give me efficient data access etc.(I saw some NAS offering 70+MB Write Speed) which I think is not good enough considering i transfer data over the network to my micro server @ 120MB/sec.

thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom