1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by 86JR, 9 Jun 2010.

1. 86JR

PermaBanned

When i was using lightroom it saved all my work in corrupted catalogs all over my computer, I told it to use a single drive and i keep finding my rubbish photos on all 3 of them. I have now deleted it all, and so have a whole 120gb hdd to play with.

Is there something i can use so that when i plug my camera in, it downloads the jpeg and raw files off the camera and saves them in a folder, in date format or something, automatically ? All i get now is lightroom crashing when it starts up, which doesnt bother me cos i hate it anyway ?

2. asim18

Capodecina

I use Adobe Bridge and it does what you're after, perfectly.

3. syke

Capodecina

I use Lightroom as part of my sorting/storing process.

Import Files through Lightroom, which'll automatically put them in folders by the date, then I create folders on another location (all on the same HDD/Parent folder) and just rename the folders that are going in, for example imported as 01-01-01, i'll just rename to Paris 01-01-01 or something. Not exactly fantastic, but does the job and it's all neat and tidy.