1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange battlefield 2 glitches.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Robert, 29 Jan 2006.

1. Robert

Capodecina

Basically my PC's running fine. The other day I noticed some texture/screen corruption in BF2. I promptly went back to desktop where screen corruption was still visible in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (taskbar area). Now yesterday I re-installed my ATi drivers to the 6.1 series; which played BF2 fine yesterday. Now today I am greated with the following:

[​IMG]

Could my year old X800XT be on its way out? Or is this just a software problem?

2. uknorthboy

Gangster

Just a thought but try the tests in dxdiag if you havent already that is.
    start>run> type "dxdiag" without quotes> go to display tab and run the tests, might point you in the right direction.

good luck

3. Lanz

Soldato

Overheating maybe?

4. chaparral

Capodecina

Check all the heatsinks in your system are dust free..and that all the fans are spinning ok..

Try a test with the case cover/s off.

5. nick_lerwill

PermaBanned

yea i would say overheating how long were you playing today compared to y'day? get some more fan and clean any dust etc

6. Robert

Capodecina

In both instances I'd only been playing a few minutes. Also, when I quit back to desktop - my systray is also corrupted (bottom right), but that clears up after a few minutes.

Edit: I'll double check the GPU fan but I'm pretty sure that it's running fine.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2006