Strange issue with forcefeedback on new build

Associate
Folks, posting here in the hope of some inspiration. I've recently built a new PC with a Z390 Gigabyte Waterforce Motherboard, 9900k & 2080ti and have the weirdest problem with ffb. Its a gaming PC purely for driving sims.

There are two symptoms, the most common is after a few laps the force feedback wheel stops working and although the wheel gives directional control there is no feedback. The second is that the force will "stick" and want to turn it to the left.

Its not the wheel, which is a Bodnar SimSteering2 as it works fine on my old PC, I've retested it today. I have a Pimax 5k as well but its not the normal SteamVR issue of no ffb on iRacing starting, it might be half a lap or the most I've driven before it happens is 5.

I've turned all USB Power Management features off.

Although SteamVr and PiTools are installed they are both disabled at startup and I've disables all the Pi services.

I've tried 2 different pci-e USB cards. The wheel is a USB 2.0 device but it makes no difference which type of port its connected to or whether its through a powered hub.

There are no issues with any other USB devices.

Any thoughts appreciated as I've spent hours on this issue now.

Thanks
Fred

Associate
Okay... this is a strange one. You say you are using other PCI-e USB cards and your still getting the same issue? If that's true it's very unlikely to be related to the motherboard? Have you checked online to see if anyone else is having similar issues? Could be a driver issue but it's something I can test here to see if I can help.

Back
Top Bottom