1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stream DivX + XVid from PC to PSP - Flawlessly!

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by hungryhungry123, 4 Jun 2006.

1. hungryhungry123

Gangster

Don't know how many of you know this but a new version of PiMPStreamer is out for the PSP, allowing the streaming of avi, divx, xvid, mp3s and another few formats from pc to psp over your home network, they play flawlessly at full frame rate using the new version 0.55 without any extra hardware and the program is FREE

Also its apparently possible to remotely connect to your PC and stream your files from ANY wireless hotspot, but i havent tried this out myeslf yet.

Just thought id come and share the joy, as Ive been VERY impressed with this app. however, I think you need a v 1.50 PSP.

take a look, http://pimpware.pspstart.de/?p=4

2. XPE

Soldato

Can you save this stuff to your psp or are you just watching it on a psp for the sake of watching it on a psp ?

3. Puzzled

Sgarrista

Would be handy on a nice sunny day. Just relax in the garden listening to mp3s kept on your pc.

Don't really see the use of video files around the house, I'd want to watch them on a proper tv.

4. TheMagicPirate

Wise Guy

Would it reach that far?

5. Puzzled

Sgarrista

Well I can connect to wireless networks from 5 houses down, although poorly. So to the garden should be easy enough.

6. JaFFa

Mobster

its all a lot of work for something an ipod/any mp3 player already does without all the messing. The only thing I can see it being useful for is if sony release a decent adapter to put it into a tv then you could stream video files to a tv. But that assuming you dont already have a way of doing that.

7. hungryhungry123

Gangster

Well personally i just like the idea of watching an episode of the simpsons whilst on the toilet.

as for the mp3 thing, of course an ipod would be better but you could store far more on the PC and stream it to your hifi system through your psp headphone out.

i take it youre at man uni jaffa?