Streaming upgrades

Associate
My gpu broke so I have to replace it, since my PC is pretty old I wondered what upgrades I could do to stream league of legends on high settings and play games like r6 on high settings.

Right now my PC specs are:
Amd fx-8150
ASRock 990fx extreme 3
2 Corsair vengeance memory I don't know how much ram ram though
Sharkoon shp v2 550w psu
200 gb ssd
And 300 gb hdd

My primary concern right now though is my gpu and I want to get one ASAP so I can use my PC again. I have a budget of around €600

Soldato
Welcome to ocuk

Now that's out of the way, replace the PSU while you're at it too. I wouldn't trust my gear to that psu to be honest. Ideally you'd be replacing everything bar maybe the storage drives but you don't really have the budget for it. EDIT - maybe you do. I've also listed a build below for a few quid more than £600

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Associate
OP
Thx for the advice, I won't be able to afford everything at once. Can you recommend me an order in which I should buy the components?

Associate
I would follow suit and recommend a new PSU too.
A 3600 Ryzen would be good for gaming/streaming, not as much as the 3700x, but still a jump from your actual CPU.

Soldato
Thx for the advice, I won't be able to afford everything at once. Can you recommend me an order in which I should buy the components?

GPU and PSU first then. That will give you an improvement but the gpu will be held back somewhat by the FX cpu. Now the choice of GPU is really up to you. Do you spend a bit of money and buy a good one that will sit well when you upgrade the rest or buy a mid-range one that you'll eventually perhaps replace when you upgrade the rest of the system? If it were my money I'd get a Vega 56 and PSU now and save like a champ for a core system upgrade a little later. Sometimes it's best to wait for next gen and if you were upgrading from a 4790K for example, then I'd suggest waiting. But to be honest, even a modest cpu/mobo/ram upgrade like a Ryzen 2600, motherboard and 16gb of 3200 ddr4 will be such a massive improvement in both clock rate and (just as importantly) IPC that I would suggest upgrading as soon as possible really - obviously dependant on finances :)

Back
Top Bottom