Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Soldato
I only find them easy because I've spent 100s of hours on SF4.
Keep at them. Even if you give up after trying some more, you'll probably try again in a month and suddenly find you can do 90% of what's left (assuming you learn and do combos on the character you normally play with).

Jesus that's a lot of time, I'm hoping to put a lot of time into V so I'm going to stick at them I want to get to a point where I can do all 10 combos like 10 times in a row... I'm liking r Mika atm but I have literally only just started using her , seem to be able to pull off combos pretty well ! Gonna try Alex out see what he's like then see which I prefer between the two ! :D

Man of Honour
Combos become insanely easy once you realise there is a massive frame buffer in there, meaning you have to press the buttons a little earlier than normal but with very loose timing.

Soldato
Combos become insanely easy once you realise there is a massive frame buffer in there, meaning you have to press the buttons a little earlier than normal but with very loose timing.

Yeah tried this last night, no luck with Rashids first trial. Going from HK > MP > LK is a pain.

nok

nok

Associate
I really struggle to get combos into supers. It's like my brain can't handle the amount of button presses and directional movements required all at once. I did however manage to complete Ryu's trials by mashing them out like a mad man.

Soldato
Am I right in thinking different moves I.e going from a heavy kick to a medium or light, requires more timing as I always press the button quite fast after pressing hk/p and nothing happens, like I have to wait until the move has near enough struck the opponent first ...yet if I'm doing medium or light into something else I need to press the next button pretty immediate ...

Looking forward to trying Alex out will have to wait until tomorrow though :(

Soldato
for anyone cant do combos, the general rule of thumb for a link combo (a move combo into the next one afters its animation has finished) press the button when the animation of the first move is about to finish. with the buffer window of sfv its insanely easy for these combo because they made for buffer cancel huge.

for a normal to cancel into a special or super, you have to start doing the motions early in the animation of the normal move, some normals like chun li's c.mk have large cancel window so you dont have to do it as fast.

for supers, dont rush the motion. you dont have to do everything super fast. make sure you hit all the points and end with forward for it to come out.

Man of Honour
for anyone cant do combos, the general rule of thumb for a link combo (a move combo into the next one afters its animation has finished) press the button when the animation of the first move is about to finish. with the buffer window of sfv its insanely easy for these combo because they made for buffer cancel huge.

for a normal to cancel into a special or super, you have to start doing the motions early in the animation of the normal move, some normals like chun li's c.mk have large cancel window so you dont have to do it as fast.

for supers, dont rush the motion. you dont have to do everything super fast. make sure you hit all the points and end with forward for it to come out.

In SFV you can always press the first button and then mash the second as fast as you can to see the timing. This will always work as the hardest normal link is 3 frames.

Once you can see the timing you can start trying to time the button press properly and then move onto the next part of the combo.

For combos into super try pressing hp~mp~lp in a piano motion (like drumming your fingers on the table) as that will compensate for any slightly early/late timing on your direction inputs.

Soldato
Loaded this up for the first time in a while last night.

Jumped into challenge mode with Ken. Got stuck on the last combo (I'll be able to do it, was just having some brain farts) then jumped into ranked and lost 3 on the trot (Ultra bronze).

I really want to dedicate some more time to this but I'm kind of obsessed with The Division at the moment.

Soldato
Don't play ranked, play casual. In ranked people are playing for points so WANT to win. In casual it seen more as sparring. Then you'll have better chance of trying out the combos you learnt.

Man of Honour
Ranked gives you much more even matches so you learn a lot more a lot quicker.

Casual you either stomp someone for free and learn nothing (although you get to pretend you're great at the game) or get caned (and have no idea why other that "I'm ****").

Soldato
What a pos Capcom are. So us who dont buy season pass get 2 free costumes.. thats it. And on top of that its still laggy as hell.

edit: and Nashes EX sonic kick is fully safe... well done Capcom

Last edited:
Soldato
I was expecting more aggression from him.

You should consider doing more tick command throws with Mika.

Me too he must have gone easy on me haha ... I have tried it but struggle with hk into command throws as they just jab in between, only one I'm able to pull off is lk into command , but I always forget to do it in matches as I suddenly forget all my combos too haha struggling to take training into matches atm

Back
Top Bottom