1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Ghuraba, 19 Oct 2008.

1. Syph

Soldato

My birthday is coming up and might get a bit of money. Are fightpads any good? I find my hands at odds with each other with thumb here, thumb there, fingers there. I really struggle with the execution of V-Trigger mid-combo unless I stick it on L2 or R2 depending on character. Having all buttons on the thumbs and a better d-pad make a difference? I know it's not going to immediately make me better, but might save my thumbs!

2. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Most people who use the fight pads use 3 fingers for the face buttons.

They're supposed to be very good though. Snake Eyes uses one.

3. Syph

Soldato

Yeah I've seen a few people use them. Not sure which are the good ones. There's a couple I've heard the d-pad goes on really quickly so I don't know if it's a false economy (stick vs pad).

The Hori pads look suited for 'dad grip'... Reminds me of my dad trying to play SF2 on the SNES!

4. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Anyone know what the update on the servers has done ?

5. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

Hopefully fixed the matchmaking so you don't play people miles above your level :D

6. Artheas

Wise Guy

I think it depends on who is available to play at the time, based on your settings.

If there's no1 at your level, the skill range through which is looks is expanded.

But to answer your question, I get matched with 2000LP while i'm at 4000LP.

7. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

Yeah so technically you should win but if you lose to someone who has like half your points don't you loose a lot ?

8. vian_siu

Wise Guy

we should done a tournament today. there is a lot more guys than last time i was there. and not everyone got to play as much

i am pretty sure i could have gimmick some players out with the right match up (no nash please) to go 1-2 judging from today's form :)

9. R088ieS86

Mobster

Yeah I really should of played more games, but I was content just to chat with everyone. Next time - we'll get our games done first! and none of this LoL talk! :D
    I believe that Alex is thinking about doing a tournament early June, so I'll have to make sure we bring everyone across for it again!

10. AStaley

Wise Guy

Used to love SF games, I recall reading that PC players can play against PS4 opponents, is that right?

11. R088ieS86

Mobster

Yup Crossplay works pretty well to be honest.

12. R088ieS86

Mobster

13. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

We knew it was going to be Guile a few months ago.

He can charge while moving now.

14. vian_siu

Wise Guy

guile is going to be op if his buttons are any decent

15. R088ieS86

Mobster

"he can toss continuous Sonic Booms" - I'm annoyed already. :D

16. vian_siu

Wise Guy

despite what i think about alex (basically he is god awful and i would not recommend anyone playing him), his damage and stun is really good.

here is my optimum anti air combo without super. 327 damage and 500+ stun is nothing to laugh at. two more powerbombs or one more combo and you are dead.

to be honest, this bit is more annoying. at least you can jump over over booms but surely you cant jump over this easily

Last edited: 19 Apr 2016
  17. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

Back into this now sticks are supported. Safe to say I have an uphill battle now and am playing Ryu. His combos aren't as easy as I expected. Simple links like s.LK, s.MK Tatsu and c.LK, c.LP xx HP DP seem really inconsistent. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Can't beat the feeling of making a good read and taking 50% though. Fun times ahead.

Last edited: 19 Apr 2016
  18. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

Anyone got any tips for linking charge moves into end of combos with bison? Really struggle to end bnb combos with stuff like siccors which is arguably one of his best special attacks :(

19. vian_siu

Wise Guy

hold back or down back when ever you can? for example you can do dash up, c.lk, c.lp, into fireball if you hold back as soon as you finish inputing f, f for the dash. you should get enough time to charge if you hold back during the dash animation.

bison need less charge time in his v trigger when you cancel a special move into his ex moves, for example you can follow up the flame with ex head stomp simply by doing d, u , kick quickly. very little charge if any is require for this combo

chain the lights and buffer the dp before the c.lp even come out and use the short cut (df,d,df) for a easy 3 in 1. since s.lp hits crouching you can replace c.lp with this for a easier combo

Last edited: 21 Apr 2016
  20. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster