Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game

Soldato
I haven't actually had the opportunity to pick which dice or character pack I want. You make the pledge over the amount and when the campaign closes they will be opening the portal where you can specify where you want the additional money to be assigned.

But yeah I'll be picking those dice :)

I ended up going for the same. Dan and Sakura clinched it - the rest i'm not bothered about - and more dice is always a good thing when playing with a bunch of mates. I came real close to getting the map pack, but couldn't justify another $50!

Associate
If you don't like the look of how it plays then that's fair enough, although I think they've given a decent amount of information all things considered - I'd have liked to have seen a final model too but I understand they're narrowing down on the best supplier and those molds to cast the final models aren't cheap to produce it seems so I can understand why they've done it this way and I think Angry Joe is a stickler for quality here so I think the final result will be good.

The higher stretch goal targets seem more to do with making sure they don't over-stretch themselves rather than to do with licensing issues.
I'm sure they could go all out continuing to offer more figures at the same intervals but you have to draw a line somewhere, as there's a lot of projects that get into trouble with over-promising on rewards and struggling to deliver on those promises. Considering how much extra content you get for the Street Fighter pledge level alone (with all the extra stretch goals figures) I think it's a great deal, and hey, if you don't like the game I can't see you struggling to get your money back on it or making a profit down the line. :)

Fair points but I do think they were under instruction about what characters to include and not. Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, and then a re-skin of Cammy seemed to indicate the characters Capcom made available to them had dried out - they could have put 3 completely unique characters in instead, the models still need sculpting whatever. In the live stream for the final hour of the Kickstarter, one of the questions was were there any characters Joe wanted to do but couldn't and he indicated yes but couldn't say.

I ended up pledging after a few beers, hopefully it works out. I'm interested in the Mortal Kombat game, Alex has indicated in the comments that they already have the license for it for the next 2 years. The DBZ one not so much, DBZ kind of passed me by.

Associate
OP
Does anyone know if you can change your pledge amount now that its ended? or is it too late now. Kinda wish I pledged for two copies
If you can't change it at the moment then you should be able to shortly when they make the pledge manager available.

Soldato
If you can't change it at the moment then you should be able to shortly when they make the pledge manager available.

The pledge manager will come back? It was their during the campaign but disappeared once it ended. First time I've used kickstarter. I was going to change my pledge for two copies but it ended sooner than I realised.

Caporegime
How long now?

I paid an extra $60 for something can't remember what must have been map pack and one of the die upgrades iirc. It's been so long but I vaguely remember it.

I can't wait for this to be released.

Any news on him doing a Mortal Kombat one now? I heard a rumour he is.

Soldato
How long now?

I paid an extra $60 for something can't remember what must have been map pack and one of the die upgrades iirc. It's been so long but I vaguely remember it.

They've said July but reading the updates I don't even think it will be finish product sign off from Capcom by July. I'm thinking Xmas 2019 and any earlier is a bonus.

Associate
How long now?

He's said on several YouTube videos (the latest MK11 one included) that he's working on an MK boardgame, I believe DBZ is planned after that - although I'm not interested in that one myself.

Soldato
Anyone else back this?

It's turned into a complete cluster **** of a campaign, best case it will be 12 month late. They never communicate, whenever they rarely do it's just to tell about more delays and sharing extremely little info.

Very tempted to pull the plug and get my money back but I'm pretty far down the line so not too sure. Apparently getting money back (a lot are bailing fast) is a chore too.

Shame as it looked impressive.

Caporegime
Anyone else back this?

It's turned into a complete cluster **** of a campaign, best case it will be 12 month late. They never communicate, whenever they rarely do it's just to tell about more delays and sharing extremely little info.

Very tempted to pull the plug and get my money back but I'm pretty far down the line so not too sure. Apparently getting money back (a lot are bailing fast) is a chore too.

Shame as it looked impressive.

Huh? they have had a shedload of updates. I mean I have backed some campaigns where you had a total of 6 updates this has had around 50. edit: I just checked 64 updates and they do a monthly video to youtube. I don't know what more you want. An hourly update?

Also the delays are due to him wanting everything to be perfect and getting approval from the people who hold the rights to the intellectual property, etc. It all takes time. Have you seen any of the videos where he has like 6 different moulds of the same character? Showing you the progress being made. All of that takes weeks per mould being made, painted then shipped to the US from China and then the feedback prepared and sent. It's not like he's making a small game here either you are talking a lot of work and very high end. Put it this way if you don't want yours I bet you there is a queue of people waiting to take your place.

You obviously haven't used kickstarter before. A year is nothing for delays. 2-3 year delays are common. Remember you aren't buying a product. You are simply buying the promise of one. It's not like a shop where you walk in pay and take it away.

I think you are throwing your toys out the pram here. You need to be extremely patient when it comes to kickstarter.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you are far too forgiving, there hasn't been a single update on rules, on the cards, on play.

If you except 2-3 year delays then again I would say you are too forgiving, I've backed 8 campaigns and had a 6 month delay at worst. I've read every update, really not sure how you see them as good enough but each to their own.

Caporegime
I think you are far too forgiving, there hasn't been a single update on rules, on the cards, on play.

If you except 2-3 year delays then again I would say you are too forgiving, I've backed 8 campaigns and had a 6 month delay at worst. I've read every update, really not sure how you see them as good enough but each to their own.

Have you backed anything as complex or intrinsic as this?

I've backed a lot of stuff and the more complicated stuff always takes time. I've backed showers, snoring machines, grow systems.

I've now realised kickstarter is very much a play ground. not to back anything as it's all "promises" a few of the products i've backed turned up and were crap and nothing like expected.

this one however i can tell is going to be amazing. i wish i had bought 2. i know this is going to go up in value over time. it will go down as being historic. the figurines alone are a steal never mind everything else included.

as for the rules, gameplay and cards I don't think they have changed much since inception. the figures are what is the real product here. the game is secondary IMO.

Caporegime
Not long now.

I watched them playing with the finished product and albeit there are a few bugs like the special meter. I'll be using the app anyway made by a third party on the discord. The models look amazing. This will be a huge collectors item in future. I wish I'd bought another.

Soldato
Not long now.

I watched them playing with the finished product and albeit there are a few bugs like the special meter. I'll be using the app anyway made by a third party on the discord. The models look amazing. This will be a huge collectors item in future. I wish I'd bought another.

yeah I wish I bought two also!

On friday I received an email saying:

"Crowd Ox reopened your orders and sent out invites to pay for shipping this morning, so please be on the lookout for an email from them."

Has anyone received an email asking from shipping payment yet?

Caporegime
yeah I wish I bought two also!

On friday I received an email saying:

"Crowd Ox reopened your orders and sent out invites to pay for shipping this morning, so please be on the lookout for an email from them."

Has anyone received an email asking from shipping payment yet?

I've paid was £89 I think or 89 dollars can't remember.

I bought absolutely everything though. Including extra dice. All the map packs, three packs of sleeves.

Some of it was VAT btw. Could have been £110 now that I think about it when added vat on. I'll go check my bank statement.

Was £79.55. so just under £80 if you bought absolutely everything like I did. Think it was 110 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom