Street Fighter V

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, people on here do not really seem to be into fighting games. Was thinking of making a thread for all fighting games in one but then could not be bothered.

Playing this, MKX and DoA 5 myself and looking forward to Tekken 7. But I play it casually and enjoy playing vs others that are the same. I do not bother trying learn combos that take ages to master or anything like that.

Soldato
I get sucked in to most things I do, it's a flaw.
I liked the old tekken games, first fighting game I ever played was tekken on the ps1, not sure what I think about the new one, it looks a bit off in the animation, sfv is fluid, tekken doesn't look like it will have that fluidity; Who knows though right.

Did like the loof of KoF though.

Soldato
So the rumours for Arcade Edition are happening! If you're unaware, Capcom are releasing Street Fighter V Arcade Edition. This will include all characters from S1 and S2 with some other improvements. I'm guessing this means that for those who buy Arcade Edition, the characters will be unlocked straight away? Current owners will still have to unlock / buy DLC characters but all other improvements to the game will be provided via an update.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-arcade-mode-in-2018-big-amazon-leak-reveals

All the new gameplay-related content will be available as part of a free in-game update for current players, Capcom said. Current players will still have to buy DLC characters.

Now what would be best? Is it cheaper to buy SFV and the season passes separately in sales, or wait until this new edition is released?

Soldato
So the rumours for Arcade Edition are happening! If you're unaware, Capcom are releasing Street Fighter V Arcade Edition. This will include all characters from S1 and S2 with some other improvements. I'm guessing this means that for those who buy Arcade Edition, the characters will be unlocked straight away? Current owners will still have to unlock / buy DLC characters but all other improvements to the game will be provided via an update.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-arcade-mode-in-2018-big-amazon-leak-reveals

Now what would be best? Is it cheaper to buy SFV and the season passes separately in sales, or wait until this new edition is released?

Definitely going to be cheaper to just buy arcade edition off a key site when it releases.

I would wait for the new release and get ya self a complete game it feels a bit free to play right now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Definitely going to be cheaper to just buy arcade edition off a key site when it releases.

I would wait for the new release and get ya self a complete game it feels a bit free to play right now.
Agreed, I would wait. I have no interest in the locked fighters anyway, only bothered unlocking Akuma, Balrog and Guile. Then went on to unlock stages. Only one left to unlock that I am interested now.

Will start saving FM for new characters soon after I finish unlocking one more stage. Want to see some old characters back like Blanca, E Honda, Sagat and FeiLong.

Soldato
Agreed, I would wait. I have no interest in the locked fighters anyway, only bothered unlocking Akuma, Balrog and Guile. Then went on to unlock stages. Only one left to unlock that I am interested now.

Will start saving FM for new characters soon after I finish unlocking one more stage. Want to see some old characters back like Blanca, E Honda, Sagat and FeiLong.

Yeah wish I spent my fight money on stages I spent it all on characters that I never use and only have the basic 6 stages the game comes with.

I would really like sagat,rose,rufus

Soldato

Depends how often you will play the game really as all content bar certain costumes can be unlocked using Fight Money which can be earnt in game. I bought the first season pass for £15 and saved up my fight money. I got all season 2 characters and all stages bar the gimmicky Xmas an Halloween ones with FM.

People cried about the FM system when the game released but is really isn't hard to earn FM and now thanks to all the crying the only way to obtain DLC content for games with MvCi is with real money :mad:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Depends how often you will play the game really as all content bar certain costumes can be unlocked using Fight Money which can be earnt in game. I bought the first season pass for £15 and saved up my fight money. I got all season 2 characters and all stages bar the gimmicky Xmas an Halloween ones with FM.

People cried about the FM system when the game released but is really isn't hard to earn FM and now thanks to all the crying the only way to obtain DLC content for games with MvCi is with real money :mad:

Yeah, silly. FM is great, without it I would probably play less and if they locked the core fighters I like from the original into dlc I probably would not buy in the first place.

Soldato
People cried about the FM system when the game released but is really isn't hard to earn FM

The game launched with very few characters and very few stages and once you have done all the basic stuff there is no ways to earn decent amounts of fight money to unlock the stages and characters.

Of coarse for people like you that paid for the DLC will have saved your self 600000 on characters so you will have loads of spare fight money.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The game launched with very few characters and very few stages and once you have done all the basic stuff there is no ways to earn decent amounts of fight money to unlock the stages and characters.

Of coarse for people like you that paid for the DLC will have saved your self 600000 on characters so you will have loads of spare fight money.
I did not buy any DLC and have pretty munch unlocked everything I want and I am not even that active and missed many 5k weekly bonuses :D

I have logged in quite a few times just for CAPCOM to give me like 30K free fight money also which was very nice.

Soldato
I did not buy any DLC and have pretty munch unlocked everything I want and I am not even that active and missed many 5k weekly bonuses :D

I have logged in quite a few times just for CAPCOM to give me like 30K free fight money also which was very nice.

Yeah I know what your saying and I do think fight money is cool (I love the way it works in overwatch) just once you have done the stuff there is no more available which is what people have an issue with not the fight money it self.

For example I spent every last bit I had on getting hugo and even finished story on hard to get the last bit now I'm left with 0 (I know I can do the few bits with hugo and get 20k)

But there is about 8 stages I don't have and 5 characters and that's like a million odd points no way I going to get any of that now with just the 5k weekly bonus.

The way it is now I would be lucky if I ever get enough for another character and another stage out of it.

It would probably work out best if I completely deleted the game and rebuy it on cheap on key site with all the characters unlocked then I could do all the story again and all the trials have enough money to last me foreva on there.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah I know what your saying and I do think fight money is cool (I love the way it works in overwatch) just once you have done the stuff there is no more available which is what people have an issue with not the fight money it self.

For example I spent every last bit I had on getting hugo and even finished story on hard to get the last bit now I'm left with 0 (I know I can do the few bits with hugo and get 20k)

But there is about 8 stages I don't have and 5 characters and that's like a million odd points no way I going to get any of that now with just the 5k weekly bonus.

The way it is now I would be lucky if I ever get enough for another character and another stage out of it.

It would probably work out best if I completely deleted the game and rebuy it on cheap on key site with all the characters unlocked then I could do all the story again and all the trials have enough money to last me foreva on there.

I think you are feeling this way as you want everything unlocked. Difference with me is I could not give a toss about half the locked stuff anyway. The new characters art/looks/moves to not resonate with me so I do not feel like I am missing out. So once I unlock one more stage I will have everything I wanted anyway. It is all relative as usual I suppose :)

Just had a look, I have racked up just over 800000 FM which has been used to unlock 3 characters, 5 stages and one costume. I did not buy the game until nearly a year after release and have missed many weekly bonuses. So I personally feel they have FM quite balanced.

Soldato
Also I doubt Capcom intended on making it so everything would be purchasable using FM, atleast no easily, after all they want to make money. Seems like they majority of people who moan about the system want everything and expect to be able to obtain it all for free easily. Spending £15 on the first Season pass and then getting everything else for free is pretty good imo.

Soldato
Free content and the FM system balance are great and all...

But can we fix Ibuki and Zangief please? I don't see why you should lose to them once they get in purely off of 2 or 3 wrong guesses! I guess Gief does eat full combo punishes when you guess right but Ibuki is the stuff of nightmares. It's just a never ending assault of ambiguous crossups and resets off of bloody everything.

Soldato
Yeah with Gief it 50/50 your gonna be eating a pile driver or headbutt :(

He is extremely unsafe though, you can punish with a full combo on almost every 50/50 setup he has. Have you seen what Ibuki can do? She can make you guess off of an anti air, off of a jump, off of an air to air, off of a jab, off of absolutely everything. She's complete aids, but I think it's the built in frame delay that causes it and not the character herself. I've never had any issue reacting to Urien aegis setups or Balrog's overhead, but with Ibuki you have to preemptively make a decision before the mixup even happens and if you block wrong afterwards you eat a full combo which she resets right into another mix up and right into another 50/50. If you guess right, SHES SAFE and can block whatever you choose to do when it finally becomes your turn to play the game, on top of that she has average health, 3f normals an overhead that leads into combos and a ****ING reversal.

Honestly Capcom are retarded I take the frame delay comment back, **** SFV I just reopened some old PTSD.

I thought Akuma could kill people fast, but Ibuki can kill you before the timer hits 90 if she get's in straight away and you never guess right. Her potential damage output is absolutely nuts!

She is by far the best character in the game, I should probably play her actually.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom