Street Fighter V

Soldato
I loved 4, but 5 I uninstalled within days and was gutted. It was dumbed down far too much from 4, almost dial a combo now, could be a netherrealms game :( I think if you tried and liked sfxt you will like it, I find it more similar to that than 4

Cool, thanks mate. I won't pick this up then. I liked the depth you could get into with 4

Soldato
Whats disappointing about this release is they missed an opportunity to bring the HD remix version to pc where all the art was redone and it looked substantially better. It was only ever released for the 360. Would have been interesting to see how it looked on pc with the new artwork.

One word, MUGEN

It's not emulation so guess I am allowed to mention it here. Taken from Wiki
freeware 2D fighting game engine designed by Elecbyte.[1] Content is created by the community, and thousands of fighters, both original and from popular fiction, have been created. It is written in C and originally used the Allegro library. The latest versions of the engine now use the SDL library.

Just search youtube for 'Street figher 2 HD remix pc'

Caporegime
The mugen version isn't bad, seems a bit too zoomed in though. A few of the character sprites seem to be upscaled versions from previous SF games, they clash pretty badly with the new art on the rest of the characters.

Soldato
The mugen version isn't bad, seems a bit too zoomed in though. A few of the character sprites seem to be upscaled versions from previous SF games, they clash pretty badly with the new art on the rest of the characters.

Glad you noticed this too. Maybe there's another version or hd character graphics packs / downloads. Failing that, I might just 'borrow' my dads ps3 the next time I go home :)
I have official snes pads though connected via a usb adapter which work great with this though. Shame to spoil that

Caporegime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzikXJHmC0

Not embedding as swearing involved, but jesus christ this guy is mental. Every game he plays its laggy, dropping inputs (doesn't seem to affect his opponent oddly) or they're using lag\zoning tactics. He's supposedly a former tournament winner, yet seems to expect the online game to have the same zero latency as an arcade cabinet or a single console vs match.

Caporegime
Oh my I can't watch him whine any more, I lasted about 2 mins.

He's a laughing stock really, he gets beat then does this little fake laugh, then throws out the usual barrel full of excuses.

Some players seem more than a little addicted, one guy i played has played 220 hours in 2 weeks, that's over 9 days ffs. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
He's a laughing stock really, he gets beat then does this little fake laugh, then throws out the usual barrel full of excuses.

Some players seem more than a little addicted, one guy i played has played 220 hours in 2 weeks, that's over 9 days ffs. :eek:

...But still doesn't know how to pull off the Zangief atomic piledriver

Soldato
CtPwIuf.jpg

If this isn't somehow a bot and legit, he's probably favourite for next (presumably) asian guy to collapse in front of his pc.

Steam counts sitting in menus as game time as well.

Quite easy to rack up lot of hours on steam, could just be he leaves it on while he sleeps etc..

Caporegime
Really wish they would patch the 30th game and soon, seems to be you either play the **** bucket brigade or people with dial up connections, no inbetween. Matchmaking on it is hilariously bad.

Soldato
Really wish they would patch the 30th game and soon, seems to be you either play the **** bucket brigade or people with dial up connections, no inbetween. Matchmaking on it is hilariously bad.
Is there still people to play with online?

I haven't tried it much mainly got to play with my friends.

Caporegime
Is there still people to play with online?

I haven't tried it much mainly got to play with my friends.

30th anniversary has people playing but like i said you seem to either get people that are on very bad connections or the **** bucket brigade. 99% of the time you have to play a ranked match as people don't bother with casual because there's nothing to spank the monkey to in terms of points.

Soldato
Hey if you ever wanna play me I would be up for it some evenings/nights. I have good fibre connection with low ping.

I haven't played much of these old ones at all but got lot of practice on other fighters. been playing a lot of overwatch so haven't had much time on this.

Add me on steam and let me know you added me my username is: ginnnny

Soldato
Yeah looks nice them adding both Im think about buying sagat.

The game is £7.50 right now on steam if anyones interested.

Also well done problem x winning world championship for uk.

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzikXJHmC0

Not embedding as swearing involved, but jesus christ this guy is mental. Every game he plays its laggy, dropping inputs (doesn't seem to affect his opponent oddly) or they're using lag\zoning tactics. He's supposedly a former tournament winner, yet seems to expect the online game to have the same zero latency as an arcade cabinet or a single console vs match.

Ahhh good old DSP, he's a former tournament winner of an obscure version/port of SF2 that nobody played. I think he also placed 4th at a tournament once as the only American in the winners bracket, and then went on to claim that he was the number one American fighting game player lol

He's a proper man child that scrounges money every few weeks from his deluded subscribers. I think his most recent claim to fame was leaving his camera on and proceeding to bash one out live on stream :D

Back
Top Bottom