Struggling to enjoy gaming?

Soldato
Wow really. I would not even know how to start and o am too insanely busy to learn.
Not a bad shout tho given the wasted energy would be heat and I am working In my games room right now anyway and need to warm it.

But am derailing. Thanks for the idea

Soldato
What's good coming out? I'm itching hard to upgrade, specced out an expensive rig, and the thought - what do I even play?

Like other here, Dyson Sphere program + factorio have been good, I still play Supreme Commander (FAF version), and some CIV VI - but they're not going to tax any of the latest hardware.

Soldato
Wow really. I would not even know how to start and o am too insanely busy to learn.
Not a bad shout tho given the wasted energy would be heat and I am working In my games room right now anyway and need to warm it.

But am derailing. Thanks for the idea
Go to nicehash website. Download their software. Click on the start mining button. It really is that simple. Well ok you need to create an account too but you can be up and running in under half an hour...

Soldato
OP
Well guessing from the replies I dont seem to be alone... Like everything it has changed to cater for different crowds the mentality of kids has probably changed these days. I employ a few kids in their late teens and early 20's and they havent even watched any good movies and I bet you guys would struggle to say any great movies from the last 10 years or so! They've no idea of T2, Matrix, Seven etc etc I won't go on.

I think mechanics need to improve and a bit less on pushing boundaries with graphics/physics and more on the gameplay but I guess trailers sell look at cyberpunk2077 which I haven't tried as just looks poor to me.

EDIT: Sorry if I have created a thread that seems to be started yearly I have been away from the gaming scene having started a business/had a son and general life and only got back into it recently due to a friend upgrading his PC and encouraging me to do the same so we can play together.

Man of Honour
I have recently upgraded to a top tier PC

This is why for the first time ever I went down the console route and picked up an X. It didn't seem worth spending silly amounts just to run Cyberpunk. Along with gamepass, a 55' screen and my lounger I've not had such fun gaming for a long time. No wasted time fussing with drivers, graphics settings either. It's been great.

Soldato
Seems to be a pretty normal feeling a bit bored by games when you reach a certain age. Perhaps as others have suggested we should start a "Jaded 30+ gamers... Things were better back in my day" thread and sticky it :D

As others have said VR been the main area of interest when it comes to gaming these past few years. So if you haven't tried that I'd definitely recommend an Oculus Quest or a Playstation VR headset.

Last edited:
Soldato
How much physical space do you need for VR gaming?

Depends on the game. Generally most room scale VR titles recommend about 2m x 2m. The more sim/seated titles didn't require as much room though.

Also worth bearing in mind that with the quest you can use it anywhere standalone and it can even connect to a PC over wi-fi if you don't want to game in the same room as your computer.

Associate
Hi guys,

So i'm 35 and have gamed most of my life until the last 5-6 years due to just life taking over. I was the generation that played Goldeneye 64 Mario 64 enjoyed games on Snes like Mario until the online games took over and played at a very high level at an old FPS shooter Kingpin then moved onto CS1.6 and BF3.

I have recently upgraded to a top tier PC and struggling to enjoy any games apart from Racing games and CS:go online - they feel cold they dont hold my interest and don't feel like im engaging in the story it still feels like a game I don't get lost in the game like I used to or like a movie.

Is this a reflection of my age or modern games? I wonder if anyone else is getting these sort of feelings. Unless its competitve and other people involved just feels sad me engaging with a computer system playing alone except racing games.

Love Kingpin, that was the first game I tried with my geforce 2 back in 2000. There's a remaster being release soon.
Modern games do seem to lack heart and soul. I think the indie scene is worth exploring

Associate
I struggle to get into any game at the moment. Dont know if it's the current gen of games or a lack of time.

3090 and is used mainly for watching youtube vids and the occasional 5 mins of fs2020 ... lol

Associate
Am moving away from MP games and got back in too single player games , all the season pass crap was doing my head in ... only MP i play now is WOW and single player games .....think too it is my age at 44 a lot off games i just cannot get in too anymore like i did , so was time too go back too the classic games i love :)

Associate
I bought both new consoles to enjoy sitting on the couch and playing the new single player games. The problem is I get bored and disinterested fast at age 41.

So I built another PC and started PUBG up again. Seems the only thing that can keep me entertained In gaming is outwitting other players.

Looking forward to PUBG 2.0 and BFVI. Probably going to sell both consoles while they are still hot.

Associate
I enjoy upgrading my pc or planning my next build more than gaming these days lol. 99.5% of my pc usage is web browsing. When I am gaming chances are its a 10 year old indie game lol. Other than that, sometimes warzone.

Back
Top Bottom