Associate
I'm stuck between choice when it comes to making a new purchase,
I currently have an ASUS PG278Q Tn panel, and a Evga 1080 FTW.

Thinking to get the ASUS PG279Q IPS panel, and have my current monitor as a secondary,
or... to get myself an EVGA 2080 Ultra GPU, which does come with battlefield aswell, and I could sell my current GPU to make back some of the cash to help justify the purchase of a 2000 series card.

I'd consider myself an enthusiast to an extent, and I love to squeeze as much performance/visual fidelity as I can.

I'm eager to treat myself but can't decide what/whether to do so.

Would just like some second opinions and input before I make a choice.

Cheers

Soldato
The GTX 1080 is still good for 1440p. Maybe buy the monitor first and see what performance is like in the games you play ? You can always replace the gpu after that if you are not happy.

Associate
OP
That is true, I guess it comes down to what I would benefit the most from, I do a lot of photoshop and know that an IPS panel would be more beneficial with that, though I've heard the colours for my PG278Q are good for TN panel, though I cannot speak of it in comparison with an IPS monitor since I have not owned one myself.

I do play a lot of graphically intensive games, and if I do go with the monitor I'd hope for the prices to decrease over time with the current 2000 series graphic cards.

Associate
IPS or a VA maybe better, there are very good panels you can find for decent price. Then you can think about the GPU. If you are PS a lot, get a VA.

Back
Top Bottom