Stupid riding trailer - UK Ghostrider

Soldato
Strobe headlights and blue strobes are easy enough to buy off ebay and the like, and hi vis jackets aren't hard to get hold of, would be easy enough to fake the police car.

It just doesn't strike me as a realistic chase. The first thing an unmarked car would do would be call for a marked car to take over. None appear. Other cars, traffic or otherwise would at least try to move into the area, absolutely none are anywhere to be seen. And that time is more than enough to get a helicopter in the area.

It might well be genuine, but its just a bit odd. As is spinning going straight on at a roundabout whilst not carrying that much speed. Just as the bike allows you to catch up.

And a white volvo with blokes in high vis jackets as an unmarked car? Not very subtle..

Soldato
It is a police car, I know of the lads who "star" in this DVD.
They're definately Stu-Pid and the riding in that video is all legit...they're crazy.

Well your at Warwick, and I definitely recognise the Southam Road in that.. so im guessing these guys are local to edit: (our survey says X)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, fairy nuff..

I was watching.. and 26 seconds in it went to the Southam road and my brain went WHAT?! so odd to see somewhere random you know like that..

Soldato
I just watched the chase on YouTube too, hard to believe it is real.

If you were in a pursuit surely #1 priority is making an exit before support is called in, not arsing around to make sure you get a good shot of the police car spinning. Plus it takes some pretty retarded driving to oversteer/spin a FWD T5 saloon around a roundabout.

Faking the plod T5 is perhaps even riskier than the driving/riding. All kinds of serious charges they could get you on doing that.

Its totally idiotic and on a motorway a la ghostrider at least you are only likely to kill yourself. A bike t-bones a car pulling out at 120,+ a lot of people are going to die.

Associate
Just watched the whole thing via google video. Wow, whoever made this comes off as a bunch of arrogant fools, particularly the whole 'police chase' segment, and the bit with ghost rider (where they issue him a challenge to race them on the road).

The points he (ghost rider) makes as he declines their 'challenge' are totally valid - he says come race me on the ring, on a track. They just come off as a bunch of kids with their reply.

Between that, the editing and 'music', regardless of what they are actually like, both of the people involved in the driving/riding in this video come off as complete morons.

Caporegime
I can't comment on any of the antics in the video as I don't know the guys personally.
It was a real police car and I've no idea why back up wasn't called.

im with the other posters on this, that police chase is fake

whoever told you the police car is real was BSing you.

*edit* doing some googling, much of the press on this reports the police chase as fake as well. Presumably they'd have checked with the police on this before going to press

Last edited:
Soldato
any chance you can comment on why no additional support was called in

whenver you see this type of chase on police camera action / road wars / traffic cops

they always call in backup for more cars to join the chase further up, and no police chopper either ?

with the wheelies he was pulling, at the speeds he was doing he'd be done for dangerous driving and quite easily go to jail if caught, so its not like its a £60 fine and 3 points and not worth the bother.

Yeh, but the police only show you the clips on police camera action that they are successful in apprehending the criminals. It shows the full force of the law against these people, it acts as a deterrent as well.

There must be many hundreds of police chases that don't result in a conviction. i guess somewhere like that they have lesser access to police choppers maybe, whatever though.

Do you really think they would have spent all that money setting up a police chase with a T5 or some other Volvo, all that expense for what? i believe they didn't get any money from the DVD (correct me if i'm wrong), so why bother, what have they got to prove?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you really think they would have spent all that money setting up a police chase with a T5 or some other Volvo, all that expense for what? i believe they didn't get any money from the DVD (correct me if i'm wrong), so why bother, what have they got to prove?

ive asked myself this

theres 2 posibilityes

1) the police chase is real. Arguments for this are the apparent genuine-ness of the police car, the unlikelyness that they would have gone to so much trouble faking it for an underground DVD, and what exactly are 2 blokes just into their boys toys doing with a fake police car ?

2) the police chase isnt real, they faked the whole thing, used a fake police car, and it explains why they followed behind placidly on their own, never attempting to resolve the chase, and lost control in a FWD car on a roundabout.

Soldato
ive asked myself this

theres 2 posibilityes

1) the police chase is real. Arguments for this are the apparent genuine-ness of the police car, the unlikelyness that they would have gone to so much trouble faking it for an underground DVD, and what exactly are 2 blokes just into their boys toys doing with a fake police car ?

2) the police chase isnt real, they faked the whole thing, used a fake police car, and it explains why they followed behind placidly on their own, never attempting to resolve the chase, and lost control in a FWD car on a roundabout.

Personally i think it is credible, however I'm not 100% convinced. I don't think they would have gone through all that trouble themselves. And i think the police car acts very genuinely, i.e all the car can do is follow at high speed, and hope that the motorbike either crashes or runs out of fuel, or they get some backup. However, i don't understand why they are in unmarked Volvo, i have never seen one (I'm probably wrong though) the only unmarked cars around here, are impreza's lexus' and bmw's. Also the spin is a bit dubious as well, surely police training would have covered lift-off oversteer to stop them making ametuer mistakes in a chase like this.

The only way i can see this being resolved is that somebody manages to get the plate of the police car. On the web version the quality is too crap to get a good look, but i'm sure you would be able to see it as it first passes the Evo on the DVD version. Who knows...

Still it doesn't take away from the fact that it is a pretty entertaining video, i certainly enjoyed watching, even if it is dangerous and stupid.

Caporegime
west yorkshire police have a fleet of unmarked volvos

V70s / V40s and S60s

and both North and South Yorkshire run them as well. Without knowing the police force in that area i cant comment, but i know Leicestershire police do as well, so its not uncommon.

Soldato
Evidence for fakeness of the Volvo is overwhelming.

1) Its a 2000 MY or earlier Volvo S70, making it seriously old for use as a traffic car.
2) Its very conspicuous for an unmarked car, white with high-viz plod inside
3) Retard oversteer on a dry roundabout from trained trafpol
4) Chase is very dangerous, putting lives at risk for catching a speeding bike is something they rarely do

Back
Top Bottom