Stuttering video during DVD playback

Associate
Hello,

Problem is as thread title. .avi/.mpg files seem fine, but full DVD playback stutters both in video and in sound. I'm using PowerDVD.

I'm running a spec as in sig, no overclocking and using a DVD/RW drive that - as of 2 weeks ago, i know to be working perfectly!

Any advise?

Soldato
What have you done to it between two weeks ago and now? Any driver updates, software updates etc?

There are a lot of things it could be. Try a different media player, that will rule out a few things if it works and point the finger at a few things if it doesn't.

Associate
OP
Tell you what, im copying some stuff from a DVD at this very moment and the entire system is lagging. Even the mouse isn't displayed properly...

Its definitely something to do with the DVD drive... Not the media players.

I have upgraded the entire system. Gone from an Athlon64 3200+ to Pentium D... Surely this isn't the problem. Is it possible to get driver errors with IDE devices!?

Thanks,
John

Soldato
You could try sharing the dvd drive and playing a dvd from it on another networked machine to eliminate a few things, assuming you have another networked machine. That would tell you if its the drive, or something else specific to that machine.

Back
Top Bottom