Subnet Mask, help, or something

Soldato
Please check that in the intenet connection config page on the router it is set to pick up IP by DHCP.

If this is set, with the status page results you are giving us, it seems that the router is not picking up an IP properly. Time to buy a new one i think, unless anyone who has more knowledge of that make of router can shed any light on the issue.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
EDIT

If the above don't work, try setting it manually.

Look for an option that will allow you to enter the details by hand. When you find the correct section the default subnet mask for your internet connection (not LAN) will be 255.255.255.0. You will need to change that to 255.255.254.0.

You will also need to enter the IP Address, Gateway Address, 2 DNS Server Addresses and possibly have to mimic the mac address of your main pc.

Page 33 of your router's manual should help with this.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oh my, it freaking works, i followed what you said Imy and oddjob62 and it all works again, im now sitting at my computer in the other end of the house posting this, i cant thank you guys enough..

But im still confused why i had to enter those settings are needed when they werent before.

Back
Top Bottom