'Substantial franchise' returning as Xbox exclusive

Associate
you know what, i actually had a dream last night that this turned out to be Midtown Madness 4, i was sooooooooooooooooo ****ed when i woke up and relised it wasn't real.

Soldato
Well X-Com was supposed to be really good (I admit I don't think I have ever played it) so it's not too bad I guess. Could have been much better though IMO

Soldato
Well X-Com was supposed to be really good (I admit I don't think I have ever played it) so it's not too bad I guess. Could have been much better though IMO

You would have a point if (as i mentioned in my previous post) this game wasn't a completely different style (the original was a top down, turn based strategy, this is a shooter) and wasn't developed by a completely different group of people. The quality of the previous titles has no indication of the quality of this title.

I'm not having a dig at you i have to add, just pointing out that this is another Farcry 2 in the sense that it actually has nothing to do with its predecessors.

Soldato
Surely this isn't going to be XCom. As Streeteh mentioned it's potentially going to fail as hard as Far Cry 2 with it being a totally different style of game and different developers.

I'm still burying my head in the sand and hoping for Shen Mue 3 :p

Soldato
X-Com would be extreme 'meh' especially as it's already been announced :/

Exactly why I think it will be something else, There was talks of shenmue being funded by either Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo then they'd make it. Considering it's an exclusive it might just be what many people have been waiting for however seeing as ign said it's a reimaging who knows?

Soldato
I wish the game they announce was any of the most of the games mentioned here, but I just know they'll announce something ass instead :/

Permabanned
Looks like it's not gonna be Shenmue but it sure brought some nostalgia back.

That was so far ahead of its time, nothing from 1998/1999 looked anywhere near as good. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Happy for a new Xcom game, sad that it sounds like its an FPS now :(
The original xcom games was some of my Fav games ever i never took notice of them being on anything but the PC TBH, shame really Natal could actually be used quite well in this style of game.

Back
Top Bottom