1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suitable cooling solution for...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jakal91, 2 Jun 2006.

1. Jakal91

Gangster

I am currently building a high spec gaming PC... :D

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series
    £139.95

Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor
    £259.95

Asus ATI Radeon EAX-X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO
    £259.95 (Is this the best available atm...will it last me a long time without having to buy another one?)

Hiper Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU
    £54.95

EDIT: Is this gfx card "Connect3D ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB" a better choice and how less powerfull is it compared to the other one?

I allready have a decent mobo and HD and a decent enough cpu (2.3ghz i think).
    I have started off by buying the case. And i think to most of you i have made quite a bad desicion. I ordered it last night, the Cooleraster Wavemaster.
    I have heard that it has bad (or very bad) cooling, and without water cooling it is like an oven inside :eek:
    But the problem is that i dont want water cooling...
    So what would be a decent solution to my problem?

I also heard that Yewen (i think) made a hole in the bottom of his case and installed a 120mm fan there and this made the case quite abit cooler, is this a good way and if so how did you do it? :)

Please give some suggestions of how i could keep this case at a nice safe temperature running at this spec, as i dont get much money often and cant afford to get another case.
    Oh also for this price could i get a better spec?

Thanks.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2006
  2. Stelly

Don

dont think that you really need water cooling for this mate

Stelly

3. Jakal91

Gangster

hmm thats sounds allrite then :)
    cheers