Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
They are in for a shock :D They should have just offered Rooney and 4m, after all he will be worth about £6 once Moyes has finished with him. ;)

It will be interesting to see if Jelavic can get any confidence again this season. He started so well before Moyes beat it out of him. He will still be needed. I like him and hope he can get some form back :(

I've not had any interest tbh since Martinez joined, but I can't grumble with the business done today.

I don't think he'll ever get it back, or what ever he had at least. Think he may have until January and then he'll be shipped out.

Man of Honour
Did you actually want him? We have no need for him and the reported fee is daylight robbery. That was a true panic bid and we're lucky we 'missed' out.

I'm not massively bothered but apparently he can play CDM as well as all along the left. Could be useful, but a £6m loan fee seems steep; unless we have a future purchase option that reflects the initial fee.

Soldato
And that's why Arsenal fans are so happy.

Genuine question - if 6 weeks ago somebody told you that the only business you'd do was sign Ozil for £42m, would you have been happy with that?

Don't try and take it away from them!

It's funny that they all wanted Wenger out etc as they had no depth in defence and up front and that's what they needed to buy.

They've now got a player in a position where they are stacked and suddenly Wenger is god and they've magically lost all the other problems and can challenge for the title.

It's quite amazing.

Caporegime
I'm not massively bothered but apparently he can play CDM as well as all along the left. Could be useful, but a £6m loan fee seems steep; unless we have a future purchase option that reflects the initial fee.

Technically Jones can play there, doesn't mean he's any good. The last thing we need is some last minute overpriced loan player who has no investment in the future of the club....playing out of position.

We'll just have to hope we can find people in January or write this season off in terms of signings) and try again next year. It's crucial we keep Europe though.

Man of Honour
Technically Jones can play there, doesn't mean he's any good. The last thing we need is some last minute overpriced loan player who has no investment in the future of the club....playing out of position.

We'll just have to hope we can find people in January or write this season off in terms of signings) and try again next year. It's crucial we keep Europe though.

I'm hoping we get a Herrera deal prepared for January. Some reports of us doing that.

Soldato
Eh can't be bothered to link stuff as I'm on my phone.

But the earlier reports were that the imposters were actually representing Herrera and didn't have paperwork to act on his behalf or something.

With a bit of digging it seems they were actually the same people that dealt and did the Javi Martinez deal, so it's all a bit odd.

Easy enough to find and read all this, just not linking through several tabs on my phone :p. Its about on a couple forums and twitter, seems odd still.

Caporegime
I'm hoping we get a Herrera deal prepared for January. Some reports of us doing that.

I don't get the Herrera thing at all, were we ever in for him or was it all imposters? At what point did we stop pursuing him and the imposters step in :confused:

I said as soon as Bilbao beat us we should have gone in for him and De Marcos in the summer, no idea why we didn't!

Soldato

It's funny that they all wanted Wenger out etc as they had no depth in defence and up front and that's what they needed to buy.

They've now got a player in a position where they are stacked and suddenly Wenger is god and they've magically lost all the other problems and can challenge for the title.

It's quite amazing.

You can look back on my previous posts if you want, I've never thought Wenger should go, and I've never thought Arsenal needed to make loads of signings.

It would have been nice to have a striker and defender join, but Flamini + Ozil are huge steps in the right direction.

Man of Honour
We were in for Herrera but there were some imposters too... :p

We just weren't prepared for the admittedly complicated tax issue, sadly. Either that or we got Fellaini in the bag and bailed on the poor lad. :/

Soldato
You can look back on my previous posts if you want, I've never thought Wenger should go, and I've never thought Arsenal needed to make loads of signings.

It would have been nice to have a striker and defender join, but Flamini + Ozil are huge steps in the right direction.

Sorry, I should have clarified that I didn't mean the very few sane fans in my post!

fez

fez

Caporegime
I feel a little better now that we have Fellaini but that was just horrendously handled from start to finish by all involved. I still think our biggest issue will be the mis-management of the players we have. Kagawa needs much more game time and Giggs and Welbeck need to be put away for good. We have a very good, strong and versatile first XI but we insist on playing idiots in key position.

Caporegime
De gea

Raf/rio/vidic/evra
Carrick/fellaini
Valencia/kagawa/Rooney
RVP

Doesn't sound so bad ey

Rooney left wing?

are you smoking crack?

also rio and vidic will be out for months at a time with injuries and what not, ferdinand anyway for sure.

also the people going on about Lukaku, when he actually came on for chelsea in the bayern game, he came on very late, and he just din't seem to be chasing down bayern players like his team mates were, he was plodding around taking his time, then did a little sprint when it was far too late.

had he actually worked harder (he did have fresh legs) he could have maybe caused one or two of them to make a mistake, play a quick pass or hoof the ball, therefore winning chelsea the game, because bayern equalised so late.

dare i say it torres looked like the better "team" player.

also when he was standing in the box before the penalty he looked terrible, no swagger or confidence about him what so ever.

he's nothing like Drogba was defensively, offensively maybe but he is far from the finished article.

i'd rather play Etoo or Torres and bring on Ba tbh, then in a year's time when Lukaku is a better player, sell one or two of them and bring in another quality striker like Lewandowski to partner Lukaku or rotate with him.

Soldato
really dont get the hate for ozil and the fee etc etc

it must be jealousy

the guy is genuine world class im still amazed we managed to sign someone of his calibre

Thank

2e2dxdv.gif

Don
A little review of our transfer dealings:

Keepers - So far Mignolet's looking like a very good bit of business. I love Pepe but he hadn't performed to his high standards for a couple of years and maybe a move was best for all parties (especially when he was earning so much).

Defence - Toure's looked far better than I ever thought possible and he's already well on his way to becoming a cult hero. There's a bit of wait & see with Ilori & Sakho but we've been crying out for a powerful, pacey CB who's good in the air and Sakho certainly fits the bill. Cissokho seems like a "he'll have to do" signing after the price for the Brazilian lad sky rocketed.

Midfield - Alberto for Shelvey is another wait and see situation. A bit annoyed that we seemingly weren't even in the market for a defensive midfielder. Our two biggest failings last season was dealing with big powerful strikers and being wide open in midfield.

Forwards - Aspas looks a decent player if not spectacular (he shouldn't play in games like yesterdays though) and an improvement on Borini, and much the same with Moses for Downing. Although we were definitely in the market for another big name attacking player, we weren't desperate. Keeping Suarez and improving the squad depth is more than acceptable.

Overall - Pretty good but could have been better - 7/10

Caporegime

It's quite amazing.

It's quite embarrassing that I'm being told I'm being grumpy and would still complain if we won a treble... as if Ozil will make that difference, when DAYS ago, infact not even a day EVERY Arsenal fan on here knew precisely what we needed and a Cazorla replacement wasn't on anyones list, let alone top, let alone eating our entire transfer budget.

It's the same as earlier this month, we get beat bad by Villa exposing EVERY problem with the team, a few days later we're beating a completely awful Fenebache and Ramsey is the new saviour(despite him being woeful against Villa). We beat a basically new Spurs team(replace 1/3rd of the players and the existing 2/3rd's still haven't played with the core of the team) and everything is fine and all we need is a 42.5mil player in the one position we have players up to the eyeballs?

This is all ignoring that we massively overpaid for a player who isn't genuinely world class, but a player who genuinely disappears in all the biggest games, is weak, and looks half dead beyond 65mins in most games... a weak ass unfit player.... for 42.5mil, precisely what Arsenal need. A strong as an ox never injured DM.... no, a weak 42.5mil player who is a very minor upgrade to Cazorla.... wooo.

Should we start a pool on how long till he's crock and how long he'll be crock for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom