Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think you fell hook line and keeper for Wenger s 'he's better than you think' line like so many who suddenly thought RVP was indeed better than he actually was based upon temporary form at the beginning of last season. Sadly this did not last and while he effectively won us the league with this form, he fell apart and sadly has not put himself back together or is now just at his normative level with that initial honeymoon period behind him.

Im not, I'm going to spell this out numerically though. Say he was an 8/10 type player. Everyone suddenly thought he was 11/10 following the first few months of the season. The best in europe. Then xmas happened and he never looked the same since. He hit a few decent goals but missed a hell of a lot of important chances.

So the question is, was he good but simply on great form and is now playing like a good player. Or is ge a great player but on bad form for the last 9 months?

You don't half come out with some ****.

Seriously give up with football. Unless every player in the team is scoring a hat-trick week-in week-out, then you'll not be happy.

Caporegime
Anyway, back to Paul Pogba, Evra has just been speaking about how he would have preferred UTD to keep him, but here's a choice slice of why playing Rafael and Ji Park in midfield had an additional counter productive effect:/

Pogba told the French television station: ‘I said to Ferguson: “Play me, and I will show you if I’m ready or not”.
‘Against Blackburn, on December 31, 2011, I was on the bench. Ferguson puts Rafael in midfield with Ji Sung Park. Then I gave up. I was really bummed.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ester-United--Patrice-Evra.html#ixzz2hA0rR8qp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Soldato
LOL @ RVP was just in good form at the time.

Wasn't there a story about Moyes changing RVPs training methods? RVP pretty much trained on his own according to the rumours and had his own routine to keep him from injury.

Moyes comes in, makes him train with the others...already had one injury...which is his first in about 18months.

We will gladly have him back at Arsenal if you no longer want him lol

Caporegime
He didn't have a crap last year, Neville pointed it out multiple times during his "poor" spell his movement was still brilliant he did everything the same he just never actually got the ball. While he wasn't scoring with Utd he would go away with Holland and look world class instantly with different players not playing completely ****, the midfield at Utd was woeful during RVP's bad period and simply meant RVP got almost no touches of the ball.

Almost every commentator will bang on about the goalkeeper being happy for the first touch in the game to calm them down and give them confidence, they said it about Hart after his disaster in midweek. Strikers, all players are the same. If someone is completely uninvolved for 90 mins then gets a single chance right at the end and fluff them, it does't mean that player is out of form or rubbish, it means he's nervous and under pressure. What changed when RVP started scoring again last year, Utd improved in midfield, RVP got far more involved in the game and instantly started banging them in again.

RVP started the season banging them in with no problem, Utd got awful very quickly, the midfield is barely getting the ball to RVP..... Utd fans blame RVP.

Nick isn't close to the only Utd fan on here talking about RVP, there was more than a few, Shami particularly IIRC, who were talking about RVP being crap....

When confident and on the ball all game a player is far far far more likely to score with a good chance than someone who has been chasing the game, got none of the ball. Even so NO strikers on earth, at any club, including Messi consistently score their only good chance of the game.

Midfield plays utter crap, gives the striker no touch of the ball at all.... blame the striker for missing one chance and call him crap...

Defoe had, I think it was 8 or 9 touches of the ball in 75 minutes(i forget the precise number it was on footie365) and you had CM(I think) instantly blaming Defoe for being rubbish, despite the entire midfield being woeful and barely getting him the ball at all throughout the game. In previous games, get Defoe involved and he'll play well. It really isn't rocket science, there are exceptionally few players who given 10 touches of the ball over 90 minutes will be able to play well. There is a reason why when someone has an exceptional game you will find they were heavily involved with hundreds of touches of the ball.

Caporegime
He didn't have a crap last year, Neville pointed it out multiple times during his "poor" spell his movement was still brilliant he did everything the same he just never actually got the ball.

Not true.

Nick isn't close to the only Utd fan on here talking about RVP, there was more than a few, Shami particularly IIRC, who were talking about RVP being crap....

I said he'd been poor this season, which is correct. He has a habit of going entirely missing in games. I'm not the only Utd fan that's said this and we rarely agree!

Caporegime
Meanwhile at OT Hernandez has become sick of not being selected and is now considering life outside of UTD.

oh and DM watch the real Madrid match from last season. The problem wasn't necessarily that we play awful football but simply that when those few precious golden chances he was scuffing them left right and centre. no one remember the open net he miseed late on in the league, same player just instead of them flying in they were scuffed wide or over.

Same against donetsk. He got one decent shot in the box where he let it run across him and turned. Whammo scuffed shot.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is he playing poor, or have has chances gone missing compared to before?

He's missed the odd chance but he just hasn't been getting involved in games. Even when Rooney isn't playing that well he's still involved in the game. Can't remember which game it was that Van Persie came on at half time but I think he only touched the ball once, he just seemed completely static up front.

Caporegime
And the problem is he isn't a lukaku who can hustle enough to make his own chances and his declining pace means even when he gets through one v one imhe gets caught up by the defence and has to turn back inside or outside losing the chance.

9f course he still has a decent left foot at his disposal but that doesn't make up for the rest.

Soldato
And the problem is he isn't a lukaku who can hustle enough to make his own chances and his declining pace means even when he gets through one v one imhe gets caught up by the defence and has to turn back inside or outside losing the chance.

9f course he still has a decent left foot at his disposal but that doesn't make up for the rest.

Nope, and the only thing strikers should have is hustle, pace, and a good shot. Obviously his exceptional technique, movement, and vision mean nothing. No wonder football in this country has gone down the pan when people like you can't see past the big man/quick man combo up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom