Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Jordon Ibe to Derby apparently, all gone terribly wrong for him in his career, gone from Liverpool to Bournemouth and now down to the Championship. Still only 24 though, so he has time to reverse the trajectory

Man of Honour
Bobby Duncan supposedly linked with Derby too now, if thats true then so much for the claims of his mental health being damaged by Liverpool not allowing him to move to Fiorentina and him having to move to get first team match time. How did that work out for him ? Wonder if he looks at the likes of Harvey Elliot , Neco Williams and Curtis Jones with regret.

Associate
Seen some rumours about Mbappe being in contact with Real and Liverpool about a potential move next summer. Can't see Liverpool affording him unless one of the main players leave.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think either Mane or Salah could go tbh

Liverpool have been good recently at letting their star players leave and replacing them with either better players or a better replacement strategy. RM and Barca might be looking at an expensive rebuild next year so throwing money at Mane or Salah wouldn't surprise me.

Man of Honour
I think either Mane or Salah could go tbh

I actually thought Mane would go this summer, perhaps Covid helped prevent that from happening. I dont know why but Mane always seems to me to be the more likely to move on. If he has another season like last year, his stock will be exceptionally high, wouldnt be a massive surprise to me if he went for mucho bucks next summer and we tried for Mbappe, plus Mane plays on the left wing and Mbappe generally plays left wing, so it would be a fit.

Don
I didn't think either would go, especially not Mane. When you see Havertz costing £90m, Dortmund asking for £100m+ for Sancho, Real paying £100m+ on Hazard last year, how much do you think we'd demand for Mane or Salah? We'd be looking at upwards of £150m and no club can pay that.

In normal circumstances, it wouldn't shock me if the club were open to cashing in on Salah next summer and reinvest that in a Mbappe or similar. We're a very pragmatic club and don't take emotional decisions - it makes perfect sense to get most of Salah's peak years out of him but to sell him while his value is still very high and at 29 that would probably be the optimum time. Can a Barca or Real come up with a £120m+ offer next summer though?

Soldato
Man of Honour
Its surely confirms the end of Origi and Brewster if Sarr joins too. Salah, Mane, Firmino, Sarr, Jota, Minamino..thats probably the 6 who would form up the front line in some fashion or other.

Does seem like there are fair few people in the team who need to move on, the likes of Grujic, Shaqiri, maybe even the Ox, though Ox does have versatility on his side. Woodburn and Wilson probably need to move on to secure game time too. Hopefully the signings made this year wont have too much of an impact on the development into the team of Jones and Elliott, I'm trusting that they will get run outs in the cups again to keep them on track.

Last edited:
Don
I think you guys are ignoring one, very likely possibility, that the story is complete bs and we're not signing Sarr. Brewster is very likely to leave regardless and if we get a decent fee for one or both of Origi and Shaq, they will too.

Man of Honour
I think you guys are ignoring one, very likely possibility, that the story is complete bs and we're not signing Sarr. Brewster is very likely to leave regardless and if we get a decent fee for one or both of Origi and Shaq, they will too.

There is that of course yeah :D

I definitely think Brewster will go, he needs the game time to kick on with his career and he isnt going to get that here. I also think that Woodburn and Wilson (definitely) will go sooner rather than later, for the same reasons. Jones, Williams and Elliott look to have gotten more of a foot in the door and should be good to remain for now. Origi and Shaq need to move on for their own good, at their ages they cant just sit by the sidelines and maybe get the odd 5 mins of play here and there (especially Shaq at 28)

Associate
I actually thought Mane would go this summer, perhaps Covid helped prevent that from happening. I dont know why but Mane always seems to me to be the more likely to move on. If he has another season like last year, his stock will be exceptionally high, wouldnt be a massive surprise to me if he went for mucho bucks next summer and we tried for Mbappe, plus Mane plays on the left wing and Mbappe generally plays left wing, so it would be a fit.

I feel Salah is more likely to leave out of the two, he's a much bigger star than Mane and the whole "Brand" element of football plays a big part at clubs like Barca and Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom