Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Associate
Leicester rumoured to be in for Daka, would be an exciting signing. If we can get him, soumare, a LB and CB cover that would be a great summer, and keep hold of youri...

Man of Honour
Leicester rumoured to be in for Daka, would be an exciting signing. If we can get him, soumare, a LB and CB cover that would be a great summer, and keep hold of youri...

Would be a great signing, he's a player that I want Liverpool to sign. Available for a good price with huge value potential.

Don
A few reports over the last couple of days saying that Neco Williams and Nat Phillips are attracting a bit of interest, both are looking to move on and we're open to selling them for £10-12m & £12-15m respectively. I do love our optimism when it comes to selling rubbish players.

I'm slightly torn on both. On one hand neither are good enough and I hope that we don't need them but with the uncertainty around Gomez, VVD & Matip and the disaster of last season, you'd want to have too much cover than not enough. On the other hand, if we can get anything like those figures for either it would be daylight robbery. If we can get reasonable money for one or both, there might be a little fiddle to be done with another CB, possibly even Kabak. I'm sure we could knock Schalke down on the £18m agreed in January and if we could get close to the same money for Phillips as he'd cost then it would be a decent deal for us. The club are said to have high hopes for another RB coming through the ranks and with 5 senior CB's (+ Davies & the other Williams) it frees Gomez up to cover at RB too.

Caporegime
A few reports over the last couple of days saying that Neco Williams and Nat Phillips are attracting a bit of interest, both are looking to move on and we're open to selling them for £10-12m & £12-15m respectively. I do love our optimism when it comes to selling rubbish players.

I'm slightly torn on both. On one hand neither are good enough and I hope that we don't need them but with the uncertainty around Gomez, VVD & Matip and the disaster of last season, you'd want to have too much cover than not enough. On the other hand, if we can get anything like those figures for either it would be daylight robbery. If we can get reasonable money for one or both, there might be a little fiddle to be done with another CB, possibly even Kabak. I'm sure we could knock Schalke down on the £18m agreed in January and if we could get close to the same money for Phillips as he'd cost then it would be a decent deal for us. The club are said to have high hopes for another RB coming through the ranks and with 5 senior CB's (+ Davies & the other Williams) it frees Gomez up to cover at RB too.
Neco would probably do well in the Championship for a couple of years to get game time. I could also see Phillips doing a grand job for a mid table, old fashioned PL team but in all honesty I’d like to keep Nat around. He’ll be great, dependable cover at CB and gives us a chance to rotate and loves a clearance, something we have needed towards the end of games in the past. Sure Konate and VVD will likely be first choice, Matip can’t be depended on to remain fit and if Trent is out or rested Gomez can fill in, albeit a poor substitute going forward.

Don
Neco would probably do well in the Championship for a couple of years to get game time. I could also see Phillips doing a grand job for a mid table, old fashioned PL team but in all honesty I’d like to keep Nat around. He’ll be great, dependable cover at CB and gives us a chance to rotate and loves a clearance, something we have needed towards the end of games in the past. Sure Konate and VVD will likely be first choice, Matip can’t be depended on to remain fit and if Trent is out or rested Gomez can fill in, albeit a poor substitute going forward.
Supposedly Southampton, Leeds, Villa and Burnley have all asked about Williams over the last 12 months which is surprising as he's looked rubbish when he's played. I'd have no problem with Phillips as a 5th CB but his stock is never going to be any higher and if you can persuade a Burnley or Brighton (the two clubs supposedly in for him) to pay £10m+ for him then I'd sell and look to bring in a young CB that will not just be that 5th choice next season but could also replace Matip as one of 4 CB's moving forwards. You can then look at bringing in a better RB to cover Trent when you're not having to carry 5 cb's.

Caporegime
Supposedly Southampton, Leeds, Villa and Burnley have all asked about Williams over the last 12 months which is surprising as he's looked rubbish when he's played. I'd have no problem with Phillips as a 5th CB but his stock is never going to be any higher and if you can persuade a Burnley or Brighton (the two clubs supposedly in for him) to pay £10m+ for him then I'd sell and look to bring in a young CB that will not just be that 5th choice next season but could also replace Matip as one of 4 CB's moving forwards. You can then look at bringing in a better RB to cover Trent when you're not having to carry 5 cb's.
I’d rather have Nat over Rhys though. Rhys looked a little out of his depth although improved.

Don
I’d rather have Nat over Rhys though. Rhys looked a little out of his depth although improved.
I agree on the Nat/Rhys thing but I'd rather have Kabak (who I don't particularly rate) over Phillips. If you could knock Schalke down to £12-15m and get £10m for Phillips, that would make sense for us. Phillips will only ever be 5th choice where as at least there's the prospect of Kabak being more than that. I'm just using Kabak as an example, if there was a better young CB around for that sort of money the same arguement would apply.

Associate
Looking almost certain we'll sign Sancho now.

Would prefer Grealish myself, we need more options for teams that sit back, not sure Sancho is an improvement in Greenwood, Rashford and Martial in that regard.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Looking almost certain we'll sign Sancho now.

Would prefer Grealish myself, we need more options for teams that sit back, not sure Sancho is an improvement in Greenwood, Rashford and Martial in that regard.

If he comes here and performs as he has at Dortmund he definitely is. Martial is a 8/10 player 20% of the time and a 4/10 player the other 80. Rashford has been crap for about 6 months now for whatever reason and Greenwood is still very young and needs time to develop.

Is he worth the £80m we are going to pay? Probably not. Is he going to improve our squad. Definitely.

If by some miracle we get Sancho and Varane then Ole has no excuses next season.

Soldato
My main concern if I was a United fan is he doesnt seem to score match winning goals that often so it kind of inflates his stats. Loves a goal against the likes of Paderborn in a 4 nil win but not against Bayern. Bit of a flat track bully but he's clearly talented.

Martial is a 8/10 player 20% of the time

Id argue its less then that. Bin him off.

Back
Top Bottom