Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Caporegime
Will happily stand corrected, but why anyone thinks the Varane saga is anything other than him trying to get a new contract is beyond me. We’ve been there with Ramos plenty of times before, this will be the same.

Varane has rejected multiple offers and the news from his camp is that he wants a new challenge, not that Madrid aren't offering enough. Now journalists are reporting that he has agreed terms with us, it's definitely different to the usual 'player uses United in contract negotiation saga. Whether we'll reach and agreement with Real remains to be seen.

Soldato
Varane has rejected multiple offers and the news from his camp is that he wants a new challenge, not that Madrid aren't offering enough. Now journalists are reporting that he has agreed terms with us, it's definitely different to the usual 'player uses United in contract negotiation saga. Whether we'll reach and agreement with Real remains to be seen.
Truly hope so, just been burned too many times before :)

Soldato
Don
Looks like Shaqiri's going to be off sooner or later. He's quoted as saying that he's told the club he wants to move on to play regular football and that they've accepted his decision and will consider offers for him. Tbh I think the club would have been happy to move him on 12 months ago had they received a decent enough offer. He's a talented player who done ok for us when called upon but he was completed unsuited to how Klopp wants to play so was only ever an option off the bench. Had it not been for covid we'd have probably sold him to West Ham for £25m but talk is we're demanding around £15m for him now.

Man of Honour
On the BBC and literally everywhere now, seems like the deal is about done. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57967166

He'd have been at the top of my list of centre backs to sign over the past few seasons, fast, good in the air, will be able to mop up behind Maguire.

If we can get some sort of defensive midfielder in too, this will be the most positive start to a season for ages.

Associate
I smell a rat. Why are Real Madrid letting go a world class defender with four champions league medals, when they've just let go their other long term talismanic central defender?

Had the same feeling when Bayern sold us Schweinsteiger.

Good start, followed by injuries for most of the season, then loaned to the US for the rest of his contract. Pessimism, moi?

Caporegime
I smell a rat. Why are Real Madrid letting go a world class defender with four champions league medals, when they've just let go their other long term talismanic central defender?

Had the same feeling when Bayern sold us Schweinsteiger.

Good start, followed by injuries for most of the season, then loaned to the US for the rest of his contract. Pessimism, moi?

Letting go? His contract expires next year and he rejected every new deal. They're also desperate for money, they couldn't risk losing him on a free.

Man of Honour

He has a year left on his contract and refused an extension, better to cash in then let him go on a free if he wants out.

Back
Top Bottom