Sunglasses

Soldato
Oakley flak jacket XLJ. Cost me about 100 quid in 2011 but still use them. Recently replaced lenses with fakes for £20 as the lenses were scratched.

Also have a pair of Ray bans but I rarely use them as I prefer the oakleys

Sgarrista
Commissario
Love my Oakleys, overpriced? Probably, but they fit, are super comfortable and last amazingly well.

IMG_20180515_215104.jpg

Man of Honour
Oakley Tincan carbons for me. Black iridium polarised lenses. But prescription as that's what I need. Really not cheap, but we'll worth it

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I’m not aiming to look like a movie star

Edit*

Misread post, edited!

Oakley Tincan carbons for me. Black iridium polarised lenses. But prescription as that's what I need. Really not cheap, but we'll worth it

I looked at these in the factory outlet store a while back before re-buying the Flak Jacket (medium size) model as I really liked the wrap around lens for driving which is especially useful. Yeah they look more like extreme sports sunglasses, like you are going biking or skiing, but nothing else seemed to beat the level of coverage they give. I opted for the Iridium polarised lenses. They cost £75 at the time, I believe they are around £115 now.

I'm tempted to sell them and get the carbon ones though as they do look smarter!

If OP is fine with the flak jacket styling, then they will do everything you need at a really good price, and they are polarised. The Iridium lenses are the best ones to go for if you will be using them in all sorts.

Last edited:

hel

hel

Associate
shop.sunwise.co.uk - British made and have won awards. Came across them on evo.co.uk, looking for a pair for driving...

Ordered a pair of Sunwise Nectar Black, really impressed and only cost £22 quid or so. I tend to abuse/lose my glasses so don't want to be spending lots of money on them. Look alright and do the job!

Man of Honour
OP
Soldato
Good choice. :cool: although they’re not polarised, they’re still “anti glare”

I have them in diamond black and rubber black/gradient. Both nice :D

Soldato
apparently not all animalspolarization are equal
Oakley Their lens manufacturing technique, unlike a run-of-the-mill lens doesn't 'sandwich' layers of polarizing material between the lenses, the polarizing layer is the lens.

lense colour too is important, if you want to use for driving - brown :
+1 Flak jacket - see earlier motors thread.

Associate
I have Oakley Flak jacket xlj, got the 'golf' pack years ago for about £80 on offer (pack has 3 different lenses). Have since bought 3 more fake polarised lenses and replaced the eye/ear pieces so they still look as good as new and are very comfortable

Soldato
sounds a good deal for 3 lenses ... but they aren't easy to change ?

(Oakley previously replaced an M frame for me foc when it cracked, bike wipeout may have been contributory)
gratuitously uploading a picture (this with polarized bronze)
I prefer glasses where people can see your eyes ...

glasse_zpszcsz1v2t.png%7Eoriginal

Soldato
I try not to spend more than about £40 on sunglasses as I tend to lose or break them. I’m careful with everything else I carry, but sunglasses are not meant to be it seems..

Back
Top Bottom