Sunglasses

Permabanned
Has anyone any experience of Ray Ban NEW Wayfarers, with 52mm vs the 55mm ?

I've seen some vids on youtbube, and it seems the 52 might well be less "stickyout" and have a smaller gap at the side of your eye to let light in, and perhaps appear more "fitted" to the smaller face..

Anyone got any experience?

Mainly this vid :-

Soldato
well i got 3 years out of my maui jim peahi before breaking both lenses ,just sent them off for repair and they have done lenses (ultra thin glass ) arms ,case and cloth for £75 ,excellent customer service and much better than the luxottica stuff

IMG-20200302-192657-BURST001-COVER.jpg

Associate
I've a pair of Maui Jim Castles from Sunglasses Ireland (I paid about £100 less than the RRP) which have been great in extremely bright sunlight. Make sure you get polarised lenses to help with the glare.

(Maui Jim's are regarded as having higher quality lenses than Ray Ban's from what I read, but I'd imagine to most of us there's little difference!)

--

I'm afraid if I'm buying sunglasses, I need change from a £20. Good glasses, bad glasses - how long will they last if my fat ass sits on them?

Not so long ;)

Permabanned
Has anyone any experience of Ray Ban NEW Wayfarers, with 52mm vs the 55mm ?

I've seen some vids on youtbube, and it seems the 52 might well be less "stickyout" and have a smaller gap at the side of your eye to let light in, and perhaps appear more "fitted" to the smaller face..

Anyone got any experience?

Mainly this vid :-

I've got the 55s and a fairly narrow nose bridge. They're so lightweight (at least compared to my 'old' Wayfarers) that I don't think it would make a tremendous difference for most people, but it's always worth trying before you buy.

Man of Honour
OP
--

I'm afraid if I'm buying sunglasses, I need change from a £20. Good glasses, bad glasses - how long will they last if my fat ass sits on them?

Not so long ;)

If you’d ever punched a 44 ton truck from Zaragoza to Huelva in August you’d know that cheap sunglasses don’t cut it, if you want to see where you’re going, and have your eyes rested and protected, you need to block as much UVA and UVB rays as you can, cheap shades are unlikely to block much.
If you cough up £180 to £200 for a good pair of sunglasses, you’d make sure that you didn’t sit on them.

Soldato
I've got the 55s and a fairly narrow nose bridge. They're so lightweight (at least compared to my 'old' Wayfarers) that I don't think it would make a tremendous difference for most people, but it's always worth trying before you buy.

i dont think he will care as the post was from 2018

Soldato
Funny I should spot this thread, I have ordered the below RayBans £118 from Next

I've always looked after my sunglasses so normally last me 5 years + but always pickup a len scratch here or there :(, have a cheapy £15 pair for sport, running, bike ridding etc then a nice pair for when I'm out and about, always leant towards raybans really

qxh4EtR.jpg.png

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom