Sunken WW2 ships polluting the sea

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Nice thread.
Pics are great and well interesting. The Lagoon looks well worth a visit and may be a reason for me to clad myself in rubber. ( Legitametely this time :o )
Would be great to swim around amongst those aircraft and tanks etc. Knock a few skulls around and rob a medal or two. ;)
Crystal clear waters with no current makes it perfect for diving but i bet the place is full of Sharks. How freaky would it be to be sifting through dead bones and come face to face with a Tiger shark. :eek:

Mic

Mic

Soldato
malc30 said:
Nice thread.
Pics are great and well interesting. The Lagoon looks well worth a visit and may be a reason for me to clad myself in rubber. ( Legitametely this time :o )
Would be great to swim around amongst those aircraft and tanks etc. Knock a few skulls around and rob a medal or two. ;)
Crystal clear waters with no current makes it perfect for diving but i bet the place is full of Sharks. How freaky would it be to be sifting through dead bones and come face to face with a Tiger shark. :eek:
I doubt your allowed dive there?

Permabanned
The_Dark_Side said:
/switches gruesome mode on.
the bodies are consumed by the ecosystem.
The only thing thats left is their boots, its really weird diving a wreck and just finding boots everywhere. Though if you dive the wrecks at Jutland there are huge numbers of bones lieing around, very unusual, very weird and very moving. Brings home just how many people died on each of those ships.

If you find human remains at Truk you are mean to inform the authorities and The Japanese government will arrange for tem to be retrevied and given a proper burial

Soldato
MadMan-JaMeS said:
i suppose they could but only if absolutely no water or anything was mixed in with it which would highly unlikely ! i means it been there for like 60yrs now !
oil and water dont mix though :confused:

Soldato
yer they don't mix so lets say u put both in a feul tank the engine is still gone suck up some water right ?

be rly hard to get the oil out of the water without some water getting insde it somewhere tbh !

Soldato
MadMan-JaMeS said:
pls explain what a seperation tank is ? and how it works cos i've never heard of one ?
They have them in Petrol stations as you get water build up in the tanks.

Basically oil sits on top of water, so a tap low down allows you to drain out the water...

Soldato

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Are there any more ww2 ships u can find on google earth are.
There are too many islands in the pacific and i dont know what ones to look at to find them:(

Back
Top Bottom