Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Soldato
punky_munky said:
They said it won't use any motion sensing at all. You'll be playing this with a Gamecube controller/Classic Pad.

you're having a giraffe arent you ? :(

SSB would be quality with the motion sensing control, flick your wrist up to jump, left and right for basic attacks argh the possibilities are endless ill be really disappointed if it is just using a GC pad but then again its a new SSB so i can't really be that dissapointed :D

Associate
its a bit like the Powerstone games on the DC ins't it? a Melee style fighting game with funky weapons and powerups to collect...

As for Snake being in there... Snake first appeared on the SNES. Its only the MGS games that Sony has bought exclusivity too... they must be paying a fortune for it too!

Associate
never owned a nintendo :eek:

but theres something about the Wii that makes me wanna buy it, something different from the usual affair of "the better the graphics, the better the console" rubbish.

anyone know when its out and how much its gonna cost?

Permabanned
I never had a GC, but I did play SSBM with 4 people and it was ace! I hope this one has better characters and a lot more features and ONLINE!!!!!!! Has online been confirmed?

Associate
Played the GC version twas alright, not amazing by any standards, as for the Wii version I'd rather not, Red Steel now that gets my vote for something to get excited about

Permabanned
Needles said:
Played the GC version twas alright, not amazing by any standards, as for the Wii version I'd rather not, Red Steel now that gets my vote for something to get excited about

Didn't you hear mate?! There was some problems with red steel, it was wayy too sensitive and it wuld mess up sometimes and the graphics was worse than a GC game :(

Soldato
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I've said it loads over the past days but I really cannot wait for this! this is gonna be quality and the trailer is brilliant! :)

Soldato
OP
McManicMan said:
omg,omg,omg,omg, omg...................omg...............cannot wait, omg, omg

omg the newcomers!, how much did Nintendo have to pay to have the last contender

Well apparently a rumor is going around that Hideo came to Nintendo "begging" for snake to be in super smash bros. But I can't really see Hideo begging maybe asking nicely or offering for a large sum lol.

Soldato
Nzyme said:
you're having a giraffe arent you ? :(

SSB would be quality with the motion sensing control, flick your wrist up to jump, left and right for basic attacks argh the possibilities are endless ill be really disappointed if it is just using a GC pad but then again its a new SSB so i can't really be that dissapointed :D

Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

Seems like a missed opportunity but I guess they know what they're doing.

Soldato
i reckon he did ask for snake to be put in SSBB in order to get the ninty fans familiar with he so when hes ready he can make a MGS for the Wii and he will already have a fan base on the console

but thats just my theory ;)

Associate
When I first read this forum, I thought you said Shake, like off of the aqua teen cartoons. Meatwad and Frylock would also be good characters, haha.

But yes, too bad the Wii is 250 though, time to get a gamecube and stock up on some wavebirds.

Permabanned
thefranklin said:
But yes, too bad the Wii is 250 though.

Source?

I thought it would be cheaper than that, I had heard it would be under £200 or did ninty release some new info today.

Back
Top Bottom