Superflower Leadex 750W ECO fan mode

Soldato
I've been using said PSU for a few months now - amazing PSU's, no faults at all.

I've recently adjusted all my case fans more more silent operation, and now my Leadex 750w is the loudest component in my case, at idle at least. It's not 'loud' by any means, but I can distinctly hear it above everything else at idle.

I've had the fan mode set to 'auto' since installing it, when I set it to 'Eco' the fan doesn't spin at all, though I'm kinda worried that I'll reduce it's lifespan if I keep it on this setting. I'm aware it will spin on 'Eco' if it reaches a certain threshold.

I wonder if anyone's had theirs on 'eco' for a long time, possible over a year or so? I just want to know if I'm likely to run into any problems, reduced lifespan down the road If I set it permanently to 'eco'.

I've had a look at a few reviews, but failed to find one where they conducted internal temperature testing when it's set to 'Eco'. I don't want it running really hot all the time etc.

Many thanks.

RJC

RJC

Don
I have a Corsair 750 AX which only switches on the fan when needed and this is coming up to 4 years old without issue.

Soldato
I have been using Eco on the 750 Leadex since I bought it, no issues at all! Although it would definitely depend on specs. I have a 4790k oc'd to 4.6ghz, 1 ssd, 1 hdd and a 970 running at 1500. no issues :)

Associate
hey guys - I just purchased this PSU and its running HOT. MY GPU temperature went from 50c at load to 65c when playing games, just from swapping out PSUs. I have ECO 0,1, and 2 on the back of this. When you guys say you set it to always be on 'automatic' which eco mode is that?

Man of Honour
hey guys - I just purchased this PSU and its running HOT. MY GPU temperature went from 50c at load to 65c when playing games, just from swapping out PSUs. I have ECO 0,1, and 2 on the back of this. When you guys say you set it to always be on 'automatic' which eco mode is that?

ECO 0 mode the fans start as soon as the temperatures hit between 62c and 68c. If the temperatures drop to between 47c and 53c the fan will stop again. In ECO 1 mode, the fan will start spinning between 42c and 48c dropping off again between 27c and 33c.

Associate
ECO 0 mode the fans start as soon as the temperatures hit between 62c and 68c. If the temperatures drop to between 47c and 53c the fan will stop again. In ECO 1 mode, the fan will start spinning between 42c and 48c dropping off again between 27c and 33c.
thanks. what is the ECO II for? this fan has 3 options.

b59X0na.png

Permabanned
Just remember, with all PSU's that have a zero fan mode, place them the right way up..not facing downward. Their only way to lose heat is convection so they do much better with the fan vent at the top. ( In other words don't put them upside down - like most people do, lol. ).

Associate
Just remember, with all PSU's that have a zero fan mode, place them the right way up..not facing downward. Their only way to lose heat is convection so they do much better with the fan vent at the top. ( In other words don't put them upside down - like most people do, lol. ).
wait... so should the fan/grill be facing towards the bottom of the case or facing up towards the CPU and video card?

Soldato

Exactly.

You can only put them downward if there is a vent at the bottom of the case so that it can draw cool air in from the running fan and do not set it to zero fan mode.
Heat rises so the PSU fan vent needs to be on the top so that as the heat builds up it escapes out of the top vent while running with the zero fan mode.

Last edited:
Permabanned
wait... so should the fan/grill be facing towards the bottom of the case or facing up towards the CPU and video card?

Absolutely. Heat rises and these days a lot of PSU's run in "fan off" mode most of the time. If you place the PSU upside down this means that heat is not escaping so it is way better to place them up the right way so that the heat is rising up and out of the PSU. I mean the PSU I have the fan remains off except in rare circumstances. Placing it the right way up it remains cooler and hardly ever needs the fan to run at all. Remember though this is only for PSU's that have a "fan off" mode.

Associate
thanks. what is the ECO II for? this fan has 3 options.

b59X0na.png

'' At stage one, called ECO 0, the fans start as soon as the temperatures are between 62 and 68°C. If temperatures fall between 47 and 53°C, the fan goes silent once more.
In ECO 1 the temperature threshold at which the fans start up is between 42 and 48°C, with the lower threshold at between 27 and 33°C. ''

no 2 is basically fan on all the time :)

Back
Top Bottom