EpkztJx.jpg

• DOLBY VISION HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
  • Audio Commentary by Pierre Spengler and Ilya Salkind
  • The Making of Superman: The Movie1978 TV Special
  • Superman and the Mole-Men
  • Cartoons
  • TV Spots and Trailers
  • Optional English SDH, Latin Spanish, and Parisian French subtitles for the main feature

Got to get this for the collection. :cool:

Out on Monday.

Soldato
Arguably one of the best Superhero films ever made. If it weren't for this film, then I doubt the superhero movie genre would be where it is today.

I grew up watching the film on VHS and really enjoyed the 2001 dvd special edition where the sound went through a remix to 5.1. I know a number of people didn't like the new 5.1 mix but I actually liked it. I've read they remastered the sound again for Dolby Atmos in this release and they are also including for the first time the original 70mm audio in a 5.1 mix for purists.

I haven't got 4k at the moment, so I won't be able to test it out, but I look forward to reading the reviews!

Soldato
Did the original film stock have the dynamic range to support HDR - 4000Nits etc ? or is this 'remastered'/'re-imagined' IMDB's not giving me an answer.

Soldato
OP
Did the original film stock have the dynamic range to support HDR - 4000Nits etc ? or is this 'remastered'/'re-imagined' IMDB's not giving me an answer.
From reading the 4k disk is remastered whereas the accompanying BD is not.

Atmos soundtrack for something of this age is a bonus, usually they don't bother.

Soldato
interesting thread - prosecution for the crime of adding hdr to old movies by an expert - liked this later comment, from thread

And that right there is the crux of the matter. IF Lawrence of Arabia comes out looking like Mad Max Fury Road then let's burn this mutha****a down, but if it comes out looking like a pristine 70mm print is unspooling in front of you then I can't see how that's anything less than a great big honking WIN for UHD. Let's just take it one film at a time, see where the rabbit hole goes...

Soldato
Just been reading about this over at the avforums and some people have reported that the black levels are off or something. I know that the Theatrical blu ray from 2011 was quite contrasty with pumped up contrast levels, so I don't know if people are just used to the way it looked before or whether it's a genuine problem with the way the UHD blu ray was done.

Back
Top Bottom