1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superman reboot (again)

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Bigpig, 26 Feb 2021.

1. Bigpig

Soldato

Last edited: 26 Feb 2021
  2. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

You haven't given us anything to look at in the first place :p

3. Bigpig

Soldato

Fixed :p

4. PlacidCasual

Soldato

Abrams is all show no substance, great director awful writer let’s hope someone else makes the important decisions.

5. JohnG7

Wise Guy

Not sure they could go with a woman as they have Supergirl already so Black, Trans and non Christian is all he needs to be today,

6. Malevolence

Capodecina

7. Gray2233

Mobster

Hard pass, just about the worst combination I could think of.

8. Gerard

Caporegime

9. Brookert

Mobster

I thought Cavill nailed the role (even considering the justice league butchering).

I can't see this reboot going well :rolleyes:

10. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

They really need to just lay superman to rest. There’s nothing left to give us than rehashing the same again, but worse.

11. Bigpig

Soldato

Micheal B Jordan to be the lead?

I was a little disappointed when I heard the news as I like Cavill but I believe Micheal has gone on record in the past saying he would only be interested in playing Superman if it's wasn't Clark Kent. Not interested in a simple race swap.

Soooo Multiverse? That's good new to me if it means Cavill is still able to play Sups.

12. Screenbeat

Gangster

I agree, I really liked Man of steel, haven't really seen the other films with Cavill though.

Thinking a man of steel 2 will do well.

If they do cast a black superman, I nominate Eddie Murphy

Last edited: 27 Feb 2021
  13. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

Multiverse yes reboot no still waiting for man of steel 2

14. Tombstone

Capodecina

They really need to stop with both this and Batman, at the rate its going theres going to be a dozen different people who have played Batman and Superman, its getting daft.

15. danoliver1

Mobster

Black supermans kryptonite is fried chicken.

16. Steampunk

Sgarrista

Christopher Reeve, Clark Kent, Kal-El, Henry Cavell, etc, all portray a Superman that is now iconic. We're at the point that anything else is not Superman. Same as Peter Parker is Spiderman. Bruce Wayne is Batman. Diana Prince is Wonder Woman. Tony Stark is Iron Man. Logan is Wolverine. Barry Allen is the Flash. Hal Jordan is Green Lantern. All the others are just spin-off variants that no one is that interested in.

JJ Abrams using it as a platform for his politics is just going to be yet another one of his big messes that wrecks a franchise and an IP. Is he going to shrink Superman on the poster for China (as he did with Finn for Star Wars), or will Warner Bros cover up his face for the China poster (as Disney did for Black Panther)?

Last edited: 27 Feb 2021
  17. TheOracle

Capodecina

What's really annoying, isn't the fact they should have a black superbeing, or a woman, lesbian, gay, fluid, trans, queer, questioning, multi gender.....but time and time again those with disabilities get forgotten about.

If we're to go down the fully inclusive route, then perhaps we need a super hero with a disability.

I fear this is all about money, and maybe standing on the back of chadwich boseman to get it.

18. Armageus

Don

Indeed - I really struggled with the Miles Morales Spiderman game. Even though it was a great game, it wasn't a character I cared about, as it wasn't *my* Spiderman.

Daredevil, Professor X, the winter soldier?

(Although equally that raises the question what makes it ok for able bodied actors to play disabled roles - when it's no longer ok for white actors to play black roles etc)

19. Hotwired

Sgarrista

Yeah I remember that scene.

20. wolfie138

Mobster

if it's Abrams directing you won't be able to tell due to the lens flares.