Sven resigns!!!

Permabanned
One of the indian boys is @ a 1st or 2n div club atm.

All us brit born asian should support england, give a encouragement for some asian lads to break through professionally, mind u there are few lads who have made it at u21 or u19 level for england, michael chopra at newcastle and harpal singh (leeds or derby i cant remember)

Soldato
we should do but tbh i dont see many coming through any time soon :(

if the asain game is to get better it has to in asia not in england if u know what i mean

Permabanned
Why in asia? when the best leagues are in europe, african league only got better when africans played in the euro leagues.

Tbh i couldnt care less if india/pak were any good, asians in this country should be looking to play for the uk, and the day may come when he have a asian as a captain for the england footy ala cricket, makes feel so proud when a guy called hussain is representing england (ok so i aint so proud when we lose:p )

Man of Honour
I wouldn't be shedding any tears if Sven was shown the door; not saying I'm desperate for him to go but I think a new manager could do just as good a job. At the risk of sounding xenophobic, I didn't want a foreign coach in charge of England in the first place. Sometimes you wonder how committed he will be, especially in games against Sweden (1-1 draws ahoy).

Of course there is the inevitable problem of finding someone to replace him. Unfortunately lately the FA seem obsessed with young managers, putting in people like Hoddle and Keegan long before they were really ready... I've got a horrible feeling Bryan Robson might get groomed as a future England manager :(( Whereas the other B. Robson is pure class and has brought success whereever he has been (Ipswich in Europe, losing WC semi on pens, successful in .pt, successful in .nl - meanwhile nurturing such talents as Romario and Ronaldo -, bringing 2 cups and 2nd place in the league in his season at Barca, turning Newcastles fortunes right round.... etc). Too old my ass, Sir Bobby would be my first choice for the England job. Whether he would want the job of course is another matter entirely... :)

Steve Mclaren might be a viable prospect if Sven does leave at some point.

Soldato
Originally posted by wohoo
Tbh i couldnt care less if india/pak were any good, asians in this country should be looking to play for the uk,

I think if ur roots lie in asia u should play for the asain international team ur from. I dont care about england i care about the country im from

Many England fans dont want "non english" players on their team either and i agree with them tbh

HangTime i think sven needs more time with players, the amount of time they have had in the past is poor and the more time u have the better u play. South Korea showed that

Man of Honour
Well, aussies meet first time in 14 months, england met up 4 months ago. England play something close to a full side and go in two down at half time. Those qualifiers back last year he had some time with the lads, and if I'm not mistaken we had another farce of friendly vs Portugual sometimes last year as well,

Even if what you say is true about not having enough time with players, that just means he should make better use of the time he has. I.e. why not get the first choice team used to playing proper games of football instead of making 999999 subs per game. OK so he will want to try new players from time to time, but how can we expect to perform in competitive matches if our best players hardly ever play a full game together? A couple of new faces in the starting lineup, then a couple of subs around 70mins fair enough, but Eriksson seems have to taken Houlliers season-long squad rotation strategy and compressed it into individual matches!

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz
I think if ur roots lie in asia u should play for the asain international team ur from. I dont care about england i care about the country im from

Many England fans dont want "non english" players on their team either and i agree with them tbh

HangTime i think sven needs more time with players, the amount of time they have had in the past is poor and the more time u have the better u play. South Korea showed that

erm jazz can you define "non-english" as if you get to play for the english national side then yer english arn't you ?

I personally have no problem with anyone at all playing for england whether there born here or gain citizenship through being here or are born with an english parent / ancestor.

Just because Brazil weren't world champions at the time mate doesnt mean yer not a GLORY SUPPORTER

:p

damn I'm feeling good I can use this against you in all future arguments now lol

Man of Honour

I think thats rubbish :)

'Asian' guys that I work with and know that are from round here support the English national sides. Some of them support the Indian cricket team etc but their loyalties are split when it comes for them playing England.

A guy called Hemant that I work with has it right. He's not of British descent but he is English, so he supports England unequivocaly, and I think thats right TBH.

Originally posted by memphisto
erm jazz can you define "non-english" as if you get to play for the english national side then yer english arn't you ?

I personally have no problem with anyone at all playing for england whether there born here or gain citizenship through being here or are born with an english parent / ancestor.

Just because Brazil weren't world champions at the time mate doesnt mean yer not a GLORY SUPPORTER

:p

damn I'm feeling good I can use this against you in all future arguments now lol

And just think how many times you've used the terms glory supporter, and how you've defined it, and how you'll live to regret it :p

As for criticising them for not being in manchester, that would be gilly :D

Personally I think you'll find thats every set of fans in the country....

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
I think thats rubbish :)

'Asian' guys that I work with and know that are from round here support the English national sides. Some of them support the Indian cricket team etc but their loyalties are split when it comes for them playing England.

A guy called Hemant that I work with has it right. He's not of British descent but he is English, so he supports England unequivocaly, and I think thats right TBH.

i dont and i think i know a few more asians than u ;) and most of them dont support england at all.

Memphisto Im not english as my parents and most of my family are from india so im not english. If i ever said i was english people would laugh at me coz it is very blatent im not. I dont wanna sound racist or anything here btw :)

A man utd fan calling me a glory hunter heh :D :p

Man of Honour
i dont and i think i know a few more asians than u ;) and most of them dont support england at all.

Memphisto Im not english as my parents and most of my family are from india so im not english. If i ever said i was english people would laugh at me coz it is very blatent im not. I dont wanna sound racist or anything here btw :)

A man utd fan calling me a glory hunter heh :D :p

I don't care how many Asians you know, this isn't a game of one-up.

You were bron in England, you live in England, you're English.

No matter where your family comes from, your are English. Whether you choose to acknowledge that is up to you, and I won't preach to you, but I'd have more respect for you if you did.

Soldato

No matter where your family comes from, your are English. Whether you choose to acknowledge that is up to you, and I won't preach to you, but I'd have more respect for you if you did.
can't people support anyone they want :confused:

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Robert
can't people support anyone they want :confused:
no.

I find this a bit off really. Anti-English even. I remember the Pakistan England cricket game a while back wherer a load of Pakistani's who just so happened to have been born in and live in England supported Pakistan and went on to cause trouble, throwing cans at players etc... Choosing Brazil is about the worst bit of glory hunting I've seen too, surely yor closest team, or that of the country that supports you, would be more, well right?

Soldato
to be honest i find it a bit off moaning at someone for who they support , let them support who they like and you support who you like.it majes no difference to me i have supported man u all my life and england , but thats my choice no one elses.

Man of Honour

I agree 100%

Associate

Agree 110%

Soldato
think of it this way jazz. lets say you were a top class cricketer/footballer and the time came to choose to play for india or england. if you were born in england, and you have your english accent and english way of thinking, if u decide to play for india, u simply wont be able to relate to the indian players. in the dressing room, when the home-grown indian players are doing some idle chit chat you probably wont know what the hell theyre talking about simply because youre not in touch with the gossip doing the rounds in the indian media.

similarly if a homegrown indian was playing for the english cricket team, and the english team are talking about posh and becks or kelly brook's boobies, he simply wont know what the hell they are talking about. it will be very difficult for the "outsider" to relate or get on with the homegrown players. every conversation would be difficult for the "outsider" to take part in. it will be very difficult for any sort of bonding to to successfully take place.

like it or not dude, if u went to india and tried to settle there, you will be treated as an outsider, simply because of the way you talk and behave.

personally i believe that a person should consider himself to belong to the country he/she has been born in or spent most of his life in, not by the colour of his/her skin.

Soldato
on the subject of Sven: we have lost a game against a "minor" team. however, this was only a friendly.

when the qualifiers start, im sure we will do what is necessary to qualify. remember, when keegan left, it was even doubtful that we could make the world cup, let alone make the quarterfinals. the only guys who could beat us were the eventual winners - brazil. they beat us by 1 goal, even germany lost by 2. the moment ronaldinho was sent off, i feel that england shouldve hammered brazil and laid seige to their goal, in the same way that man utd do when they go behind against a lesser team. in fact that is what i was expecting, but was shocked to see england not committing men forward. we had 30 mins with a man advantage and we couldnt make it tell. we deserved to lose, plain and simple.

if u take out sven, who do u get to replace him?

robson - wont leave newcastle, not now that they are improving and heading up the table. robson will be very excited about next season. newcastle had one of the worst starts in their premiership history this season. if they had a decent start, then they couldve been right up their with arsenal.

mclaren - he is untested at the highest level. he is ok at middlesborough, but lets see him in a different team. i doubt he could do better than Sven.

capello - does this guy even speak english?

judge sven after he has played at least half of the euro qualifiers.

Soldato
i really don't care what u say (prolly ignored my posts anyway) but its freedom of choice , if someone told me they respect me less for supporting someone other than their country well **** them.

Permabanned
i dont and i think i know a few more asians than u and most of them dont support england at all.

Wot a load of bs man, who the hell are you then, cos u certainly aint indian, ur parents are, but ur born/bought up/educate/ do pretty much every thing english, but u still class urself as indian:confused:

This why this country still has problems with asians, youg lads are still growing up thinking the white man dont like me, so ill stay indian/pak/bangladeshi

We asians shuould be proud of who we are british asians, yes not forgetting the asianness, but at least acknowledge ur englishness ffs even if only very slightly.

Back
Top Bottom