• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

swapping 2070 super for another 2070 super, use DDU or not?

Associate
as title says im swapping from one brand of 2070 super to another, do i need to use DDU before switching? or is it just hot swapping? only ever gone from and older card to a newer one so not sure if its worth using DDU or not.
any advice is great thanks

Caporegime
Christ when I went from 1080 to 2070S I right clicked my 1080 in device manager, chose uninstall, cancelled the reboot, shut down, installed 2070S, rebooted and then installed the latest graphics driver from Nvidia as I was a version or two behind. Not had a single problem.

Associate
1060 6gb to 2070 super, then back to the 1060 6gb for 3 days while the already opened box 2070 super was RMAd back to OCUK. Then finally another brand new 2070 super.

Nothing more than shutting down Windows before taking cards out, use the same drivers, no worries.

Man of Honour
I never use DDU for NVidia cards.

If I am swapping between Pascal, Volta and Turing cards I will just put the new GPU in and reboot a couple of times as they all use the same drivers.

bru

bru

Soldato
I certainly wouldn't be using DDU for changing from one NVIDIA card to another and definitely not seeing as they are both the same.

Just power down change the cards, power up and only if there is a problem reinstall the driver. Almost never use DDU. Only if a driver reinstall fails.

Soldato
Swapped my 1080ti for a 2080ti and the driver no longer works so downloaded the latest and installed that... and was encountering issues would suffer stuttering and even freezing. Run DDU wiped everything and reinstalled latest no more issues after that. God bless DDU!

Back
Top Bottom