SWG

Soldato
It's really sad that cities like Coronet used to be such a bustling hive of activity before the NGE hit and now it's all completely desolate. I went back to SWG some months ago to check out how it all was, and everywhere I went was just like a graveyard.

It's disgusting to think that a company like SOE can be the way that they are being, ruining the game for almost everyone that loved it by changing things so vastly instead of addressing the issues that were in desperate need of being fixed. And now that the community has voted with their feet, they still continue to kid themselves that what they did actually turned out for the best and that the game is more Star Wars-y. If I wanted to play a fast-actioned shooter-type Star Wars game, I'd play Battlefront online, but I wanted to play something that allowed me to develop my character into whatever I wanted to be, and live a virtual life in the Star Wars universe. That's what it was like at the very beginning. It saddens me that they ruined the game so badly and continue to take the stance that the game has changed for the better.

Nothing would make me happier than to be able to play on some "classic" SWG servers. There isn't much I wouldn't be willing to give for that to happen. Let's hope that the idiots at SOE finally come to the realisation that they destroyed a truly great game, and that they raid the archives for the original code and put it back up. I can guarantee that despite it being SOE doing it, players will flock back to the game in their droves, re-activating subscriptions without thinking twice. I know I would, as long as SOE promised to make the game better rather than change it in it's entirety. Failing that, let's hope that Lucas Arts stomp all over SOE, take the code from them and introduce their own servers. Surely there must be people with half a brain in one of the company's that can see how much money they would regain by doing this? You'd think, anyway...

Back
Top Bottom