• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Switch from ATI to NV card

Associate
I'm about to switch from an ATI PCIe graphics card to an OCUK this-week-only 6800GS.

What's the best way to do this - set to basic VGA, driver removers etc etc.?

Long time since I've done this, and I don't want the system tripping over conflicting driver remnants. Grateful if you'd walk me through it. Thanks.

--
Bryn

Caporegime
Just add/remove, take out the drivers, dont reboot and then remove the CP/CCC, don't reboot, then run the ATi-Uninstaller, reboot, and just to be on the safe side use DriverCleaner for any stragglers, just run it an select ATi, then install your new card and drivers, well thats what i would do. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
laughs - I am hoping I dont have to do a full format when I go in the other direction to the OP - going from a 7800GT to a X1900XT so will let others know how it goes - just incase they are thinking of doing it

Back
Top Bottom