switch temperature

Soldato
currently im using the netgear 5 port gigabit switch, and today i thought my room was v hot so i felt my switch among other things, and for some reason my switch is getting very hot. The switch is on a shelf with room above and to the front and back, so airflow shouldnt be a problem. the switch is fanless so i knew it would get warm, but this is more that that, it feels hotter then my pc.

is this something i should be worried about? never having used a switch before im not sure what sort of temperatures they normaly run at, and what is considered safe operating temperatue. this is still a new switch (less then 2 weeks old) so i would rather it not gets damaged so soon after i baught it due to overheating.

Associate
I've got the Netgear FS108, it gets pretty warm during use. Not so hot that it's unbearable to touch but hot all the same, I'd say about as hot as the top of my main rig (Prescott 3.0 so pretty hot). It's never been so hot that I thought it was a problem though. Also, it's not constantly like that, seems to be pretty random that sometimes it's cool and other times warm (i.e. it's not like there's an increase in network activity).

Back
Top Bottom