Synergy - Mac & PC KM sharing

Soldato
Does anybody use synergy?

I got a mac last week and have been trying to setup SynergyKM on my mac to share it's keyboard & mouse with my PC. I've seen copious videos of it working and read a bunch of guides on it but I can't get it to connect.

I've got the server running on the mac and the client trying to connect from my PC but its getting a 'connection forcefully rejected' error. I've not got a firewall running on my mac and tried it with the firewall disabled on the PC but that didn't help. I've also tried to set it to common ports like 80 & 8080 in order to get it working but had no luck.

Has anybody got it setup or have any idea what I could try?

Soldato
OP
I wanted to avoid having anymore hardware, this software option is in theory perfect as it effectively extends your desktop but that extension is between machines.

Man of Honour
Sure you've got the server set up right, there's a fair amount to change, it won't work out of the box. I've only done it for Windows and Linux but once I'd defined the screens and relationships between them on the server, then started the client specifying which screen it was (Linux + CLI so exact details not much use I suspect) it worked straight off, works alright, not perfect but not bad...

Back
Top Bottom