1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System ASPI Installation Corrupt

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by alphaomega16, 1 Aug 2006.

1. alphaomega16

Hitman

What does this cause and what can I do to fix it ?

2. luminous

Gangster

Are burns failing?
    Try forceaspi http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm
    You can `kill` the corrupt aspi and reinstall again.Its up to you if you want to install 4.6 or 4.7 from adaptec site.
    If you`re using nero for example reinstall that and check in infotool that aspi is ok.Nero has its own aspi layer,xp doesn`t come with one and is needed if you`re using a different cd ripping program.

3. alphaomega16

Hitman

I just re-installed over the one that was there and now there are 4 files under system ASPI and it says installation is ok.

Before there were 2 files cant remember names and they were 4.71.

Could this have been a cause of Power Callibration Errors and other recording errors cause I had a TDK drive that would for some reason suddenly only burn at 2x iif I tried at 4, 6, or 8 it would fail straight away without even starting to burn I tried Maxell, TDK, Ritek, Sony Media both + and - with same results.

But then again I did insert my dads DVDRW where the TDK was and that seemed to work fine so I think it might have just been the drive.

Anyway I have RMA'd it to TDK so hopefully will get it back soon it was thier TDK 880N Model DVDRW had it nearly 2 years when it started going wrong.

I even re-installed XP and the first thing I done after putting all the drivers in was attempt to burn a disc which still would only burn at 2x :(

Thanks for the link I seem to have got the ASPI thing sorted now.

4. luminous

Gangster

I think you`ve done pretty good getting nearly 2 yrs out of it,none of mine ever lasted that long,and if its still under warranty all the better.