System build guide

Associate
OP
That would be a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme heatsink. Just a few instructions above that I think on how to attach a heatsink, been a while since I wrote this. They can all vary somewhat though, but most screw into a backplate.

Associate
That would be a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme heatsink. Just a few instructions above that I think on how to attach a heatsink, been a while since I wrote this. They can all vary somewhat though, but most screw into a backplate.

wow thats insane lol :)

excellent thread tho! hats off to you, its gave me the confidence to try my 1st build as soon as ive saved enough to buy the bits and bobs :)

Associate
Just a quick one, does this build cover the AMD route as well? Or do Intel/AMD work differently?

My PC is arriving this afternoon and I am unsure whether to attempt to build it myself or ask someone to build it for me, although doing the latter will mean I have to wait until early next week to get it back. On average how long would you say it would take?

EDIT: Also do you think it would be ok to build it on a glass table that has a tablecloth on it?

Last edited:
Associate
build it ya self mate! i was the same as you worrying about everything! i build my own pc a few months ago now (my 1st ever pc) and i was amazed at how easy it was!!! ive done puzzles that were harder, it must have took me all of a couple of hours before i was browsing on the tinternet ! :D good luck and your be fine building it :)

Associate
Thanks for creating the guide. I am thinking of ordered a motherboard bundle from overclockers, never replaced or fiddled about with a motherboard so will use part of this guide to help install the motherboard.

Quick question how do i know whether my motherboard will fit inside my current case?

Soldato
Good guide but maybe add why it is important to use mb standoffs and the possible ramifications if you "skip" that part. For example if your case has some standoffs already in, someone might be tempted just to use them but not screw in any more....leading to the mb touching the back of the case. You can basically **** up your mb and other connected parts if you power on with the mb screwed into the case (not the standoffs).

Soldato
Thanks for the guide. This will be helping me tonight.

This will be my very first build and all my parts have arrived. I'm stuck at work but I just want to get home and start building.... :(

I've been reading up and watching loads of videos in regards to building, I need this so I'm prepared. Although I don't think I'll ever be 100% ready.

Any tips anyone got?

Associate
I am really grateful for your guidance,,,

i liked it and thanks for this advice.i will help me to work well during my office time i will we thankful to you.

Thanks for these info's....it's great.. post. Really good of you to make the effort.

Permabanned
There a few psu calculator websites where you put in what you are getting and it gives you the wattage required. But for a single graphics card and a few drives, 500-600w is plenty. Its better to have say a 400w decent brand psu over a 500w cheapy. Im running a E8500, 4gb ram, SSD, 320gb normal HD, and a 8800gt 512mb and I only draw 150w max under load and 105w idle.

Back
Top Bottom